Fender Flares

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by White Gardens, Mar 20, 2010.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens New Member

I posted a thread in the commercial truck forum, but haven't gotten any responses.

I hate the stock fender flares I have now as they are about 1.5, to 2 inches too narrow. The front tires tend to sling mud onto the hood and I'm afraid I'm going to beat up my front bumper too.

Most people probably wouldn't care, but I plan on having this truck for a very long time if I can, so I want to do my best to protect the body and cab.

So, who knows where I can order two front fender flares that are wider than stock. Most come in kits of four, and I don't need the rears.

Thanks.

Nick

2. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You can buy fenders from stylintrucks.com i belive, don't quote me on that though. Try bushwacker cut out, probably stick out farther then any other ones i've seen. Unless you want to get the rubber inserts that add another inch or two of coverage, kind of like the inner wheel well, that plastic/rubber, just extended out the wheel wells.

3. White Gardens

White Gardens New Member

Those inserts might be the way to go. That would probably be the cheapest. My only other thought is that I'm not too fond of the gray fender flares and I could switch them over to black ones.

Through my searches on the flares I hadn't run across the inserts. Do you know who carries them???

4. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Gambit, on the forum here has a truck our body style with the fenders i'm kind of talking about, his look a little more heavy duty then others i've seen though.

[​IMG]

5. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Check out stylintrucks.com.......you can get bushwacker fenderflares painted to match your truck!!:)