1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fender Flares

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by KyleZ71, May 7, 2011.

1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I've got rust bubbling out on my '03 silverado's right front fender. so I was looking at some fender flares for it. on craigslist I found a pair for a '04 2500 silverado. I want to know will it fit my 1500 Z71?
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
  2. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

yeah they should fit, i think most 2500 had factory flares, thats probably why its labeled that way
  3. KyleZ71

These are bushwacker pocket style flares
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Try going to Bushwhackers website and put in both trucks and see what the part# are.
  5. 383man

383man Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I'd definately recommend the bushwackers if they fit, love mine, but I would at minimum slap on some rust stopping paint over the boils, so you don't end up losing your whole fender lol.
  6. partssource1

partssource1 Member

KyleZ71 now this is just my option here but if your planning on keeping your truck for a long time them why just cover up a issue because sooner or later the flares will no longer hide the rust and by that time the rust could have moved over onto other panels an round the fenders and just raise the cost of fixing it. I would have to say if the rest of the truck is in good shape with no rust then I would say send around a $150.00 per a side for new GM fenders or for around $75.00 you can get CAPA aftermarket ones and then just paint them yourself or find a good Body shop to do it. Now if your not thinking long term here or the rest of the truck is starting to show rust then buy all means go with the fender flare and you may get another 3 years more or less out of it depending on where you live and what kind of winters you have. I would even still consider the flare even with replacing the fender then you will have better protection for the paint plus it would change the trucks looks
    Again this is just my option it your truck man make it what you want
  7. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Bushwacker has some awesome products, kind of pricey though.
  8. 383man

383man Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

they are pricey, i bought mine painted to match for 800ish, kinda hurt, but I love em, and am glad I got em
  9. clgoch187

clgoch187 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

why not just have a reputable shop repair the fender then you wont have to blend the door to match the paint and i work in a body shop so believe me when i say that aftermarket fenders are ****ty, they are half the $ but take twice the time to make fit and never really line up like a gm fender
  10. KyleZ71

Well after my dad scraped my drivers side door, put two small dents in it and the estimates are 900 and 1000, im ok with cracking the bubble and repainting it. I did it to the gas cap. I'll sand it down, put some eastwood rust encapsulator on it, put some blue touch up and a coat of clear. Works pretty well at the gas cap. As for the bushwackers the price was $50, I called the guy already sold. They were maroon which I was gonna paint black. Here the guy who bought them had black gm flares so I bought all four for $50.