Fender Trimming for NNBS

Discussion in 'How-to Guides' started by ChromeSilver02, Jul 15, 2011.

1. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Hey guys, I was looking on another forum and I came across this very helpful write up for NNBS. Everybody would like to run bigger tires with less lift and no rubbing so this seems to be very straight forward and pretty easy to do....

So we are using a Cognito 7-9" lift and we are going to be setting it between 7" to 8" at most, BUT we are running 37x13.50x20 Toyo MT's and 20x9 4.75" backspaced wheels. Its going to be a very tight fit. Here are the pics of what I did to help others. No cutting on the fender where you would have to see anything in the end. I have a local customer that showed me what could be done so I didn't come up with it but after trying it a couple times it really makes a big deference but is super clean finish. Job takes about 2-3 hours for the first time guy but it's more because taking your time and not rushing it is the key to keep it clean.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Nice write up.

4. BillM

BillM Rockstar 100 Posts

Nice job. Very well done with the pictures. The question is HOW DID YOU DO THIS "How-to" POST? I tried uploading every way possible, to no avail. UpLoad was too big. I had to make my article into a PDF, and then divide it into 4 small sections, and then upload it. My "How-to" looks like crap after I had to make my pictures so small that it was hard to see, and then the 4 sections are too much trouble to put together to find out "How-to". Your article looks great! How can I make mine look like yours??
    Thanks for any help.

5. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Nice write up. I might have to give this a shot myself next time it's time to buy tires, as I also plan on that being the time for a lift. But I want 35s with a 4" lift so I'm likely going to need to do some trimming.

6. r1rav3n

r1rav3n New Member

I will be doing something similar, panning to run 295/70x18's on my 07 NNBS 1500. How much room might I have with a 0 or a -12 offset?