Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Few Minor Truck Changes

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by medicmatt, Jun 23, 2012.

1. medicmatt

medicmatt Member 100 Posts

I did a few changes to the truck recently. Thought I'd share them with everyone. Trying to make some changes and mods as I can save up and get them.

I got the Chevy emblems in the grill and tailgate wrapped to match the truck, I think they turned out great.

frontbowtie.jpg

rearbowtie.jpg

I also changed out the nerf bars after the black powder coated rails were chipping and looking bad that the original owner put on. I went with the stainless steel oval nerf bars.

steprails.jpg

And the part I'm most excited about is my custom 4x4 decals. I've got a black lab named Dixie who is my pride and joy (at least until we adopt our child), so I thought this was perfect for me.

4x4decal.jpg

I've also ordered a Kenwood DNX6180 stereo/navigation system for the truck too. I'll be putting that in next week when it gets here. Then it'll be moving on to the next project...whatever that may be.

2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Mods look good. I really like the dog sticker as I have a yellow lab.

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

yeah, ment to say last night matt, i dig the sticker as well.

Alex

4. medicmatt

Thanks guys. I had never considered changing the decals until I saw a guy pull up in a 2500 when I was getting the emblems done. He had a custom Z71 sticker with ducks coming in for a landing around it. Thought it was awesome so I went on the hunt for decal ideas online. Found this concept on a decal for Ford's 4x4 decal. I emailed that design and the computer graphics for the Chevy decals to the local sign design place and they took the two, made a few tweaks to match up to the Chevy decal, and there you have it.

I absolutely love it. They really liked it at the store too, said they'd shown a few people the design and they thought it was awesome. I'm the only one with it...so that's cool to me!

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I thought they looked stellar (the bowtie, ovals, and decals). I normally don't like ovals but the 3" you have look sharp on your truck.

6. medicmatt

Thanks, I appreciate it. Not quite as impressive as your setup, but I'll get there.

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Oops, 4" ovals. Sorry for the typo! And thanks for the compliment. :)

8. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The mods look really nice. And great job on the bowties. I especially like the front one. That small change seems to tie in the whole front end to the rest of the truck. It'd be nice if Chevy would start offering that as an add-on.

9. medicmatt

Even if they did, I wouldn't have them do it. Cost me $16 to get them both wrapped. If GM does it, I'm sure it would cost me somewhere in the neighborhood of an extra $1000 at least. :lol:

10. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Looks great, everything flows very well together with the red ties :great: I say remove the dealer sticker on the tailgate, it would look better without it.

Also that ugly blue sticker on the back window is ruining the beauty of that State red truck :lol: