1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

few things was wonderin bout

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 2000liftdsuburban, May 13, 2009.

1. ok, ive got a 00 burban, lifted 6 inches...

doesnt have enuff balls to me. so im looking for added umph to give her.

currently she has an exhaust,373 gears, kn air filter... and 35 inch tires

i want to know if theres simple,cheapest ways to upgrade her
    also my friend has a tuner, is it possible for that tuner to work on my truck if he already used it on his?(it was used on a 00 suburban)
  2. 1_low_rider

1_low_rider Rockstar 100 Posts

the only way you can use his tuner is to have him first restore his truck back to stock settings and unprogram his. it saves his factory settings inside the programmer and doesnt allow you to hook it up on another truck as long as his factory program is inside it.
  3. and theres no way around this?.... so in other words if i wanna get the truck tuned, i'd have to buy my own tuner?

is there any other mods i could do to get better throttle response/power? at a fairly cheap price?
  4. 1_low_rider

http://www.stylintrucks.com/sn.aspx?category%7ccategory_root%7c-28=Performance ... i like to look around on sites like this and get ideas, then go somewhere else and get it cheaper. i also like to use summitracing.com . it's not a complete list of everything offered for your truck, its just what this particular company carries, but it is a good site to get ideas.

and to answer your question, there is no other way around the programmer issue, you would have to buy your own.
  5. oh yeh, also... is it possible to adjust the torsion bars by yourself or let a professional lift installer do it?
  6. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Here this should help solve that problem for you http://www.bullsballs.com/ :rofl:
    Last edited: May 13, 2009
  7. 1_low_rider

8. 1_low_rider

and yes you could adjust them yourself, i suggest doing your homework on the subject though. it is possible to adjust them too far!!
  9. had a feeln somone was gonna do that lol.....

so it's possible to do them by myself but i should just check.... also just to make sure, if the tires on the inside are bald it's b.c the torsion bars are out of adjustment correct? i also kno it's the alignment as well.