GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

filter

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 9191gmc, Jan 11, 2014.

1. 9191gmc

9191gmc New Member

off topic in a small jap car
    if you take the oil filter off without drainig the main oil ...how much will spill out?? Toyota
  2. j cat

j cat Active Member

jap cars I have worked with have replaceable filter elements some do not. from my experience slightly less than a qt of oil.
  3. MonkeyWrench

MonkeyWrench New Member

I do regular maintenance on a 02 Camry v6 and every time I change oil only about a half quart (if that) drains out of filter and housing. To make it easy on yourself just loosen the filter a bit until oil starts draining out that way you get most of it out before you take the filter completely off.

MW
  4. redvett

redvett New Member

Jap is crap. They Japs bombed Pearl Harbor 12/7/1941 over 2500 people were killed. Dont buy Japanese products.
  5. j cat

j cat Active Member

I would not say jap products are crap. they do make quality cars and electronics. the japs back in the 30's/40's where bad racist people, and they where butchers to the Chinese and war prisoners..my relative was in pearl harbor when they attacked that day. he did 6 years in the pacific fighting them.

now that was then ,today they are good people and we helped them , become a democratic nation , that we are working with to secure the Asian area from threats.
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Thanks but we do NOT need talk like this on the site It is a Family site and we do like to keep it clean..