1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Final drive gear identification

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by CarpenterGuy, Feb 20, 2009.

1. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I know i asked this before and someone gave me a list of rear end gear numbers for the glove box thing. i think Darcy gave them to me. i want to figure out what my new truck's got :)
  2. thatjerk01

thatjerk01 Rockstar

did u get the truck back or is it somewhere else? or r u talking about a different truck?
  3. CarpenterGuy

They totaled my old truck. this is my new truck.
  4. thatjerk01

thatjerk01 Rockstar

yea i figured they had totalled it. crawl under the truck and look for a tag on either the rear diff cover or on the rear diff itself it might be stamped onto the axle itself. but if u find that and look up the number it should tell u what ur axle ratio is.
  5. CarpenterGuy

lol ok i'll do that tomorrow. its too cold tonight
  6. thatjerk01

thatjerk01 Rockstar

whats ur new truck
  7. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Get the VIN# and take it to your local chevy dealer parts dept and they can tell you everything you need to know! since its a z71 like mine its probably a posi rear, can't remember what my gear ratio is off the top of my head, sorry

:great:
  8. CarpenterGuy

my new truck is a red 06 z71 with 40k miles. its the LT package. we were REALLY lucky to find it. it's the fanciest thing i think i've ever seen
  9. thatjerk01

thatjerk01 Rockstar

u know ur vin?
  10. CarpenterGuy

1gcek19b26z202059