Final work on my project 1990 Silverado, but the threat of being stolen is still on !

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by JTWard, Jul 16, 2013.

1. JTWard

JTWard Member 1 Year Gold Member 100 Posts

Has anyone gone as far as having a "LoJac" unit installed on their trucks ? I already have a 'kill switch' but for another $650 I can get a LoJac unit put on my truck. I've put so much work on my truck, folks are always saying how nice she looks. 010.jpg I'm wondering how you guys feel about having their sweat and effort at least tagged with a LoJac or something like that. What do you think ? :gasp:

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

658-=ot it in my rides always I used to work for them... But a-=

3. JTWard

Can you be a little clearer ? LoJac =Yeah, LoJac= Nay

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I drive through your area all the time and don't see it much like a stolen truck area If you were more like in the Trenton area I would..You should come out to the truck show in Carlisle in Aug 2-4th in Pa..Lots of nice trucks...

5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Its an individual choice, for me I figure if they want my truck, or any other items I own their either gonna steal them or tear them up trying to, so Id rather invest in good insurance that'll repair or replace when it happens.

6. JTWard

I am, got my ticket already.

- - - Updated - - -

It will be two years before I can get "Classic" Pennsylvania tags for the truck and only then can I get specialty insurance.

7. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

From the pic you have posted, I would put your baby in the garage behind it. Vehicles in garages are very rarely stolen.

I know that you have probably done a lot to that 1990 truck and you have probably a lot of sentimental value, but that particular truck is not going to interest thieves (not valuable enough).