1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Finally an install! - Pictures of Ultimate Truck Gears Rocker Pods on a 1999 Suburban

Discussion in 'Ultimate Truck Gear' started by Springthing, May 21, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well, not much time to do a write up right now and I've not even had time to take some great pictures of the Suburban with the new Rocker Pods installed, but I've had too many inquires about how it looks to now put pictures. My PM inbox is getting too full too quick to not post pictures sooner rather than later!

Here are some preliminary pictures of how the Sarge looks right now with the new push bumper, the new lights, and brand-spankin' new Rocker Pods!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you would like to comment, please do so and feel free to be brutally honest! If you'd rather PM your thoughts, then please go ahead and do so!

I'll take some better pictures and give an explanation of the install and how everything went in the next few days if I can!

2. trimhalifax

trimhalifax Rockstar 100 Posts

The look of that Suburban is out of this world,nice job.

3. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well, honestly Steven.......it looks awesome!!!!! The Sarge looks like a beast! You definitely have a one of a kind suburban!

4. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

looks like it kills your ground clearance..but..overall...it does look BAD A**!!!

5. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That is a very good point but when all is said and done it actually doesn't really affect ground clearance. More on that later when I get to posting about the install and how everything works. I know there are quite a few folks that are worried about loss of ground clearance.

Thanks!

6. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Looks good. Just as I expected it to. Now, to get a pair for my Suburban. It'll be interesting considering I have the old 80s bodystyle. Congrats and looking good. I look forward to reading how to install those huge bad-boys!

7. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yep I give it 3 thumbs up! :great::great::great: It makes The Sarge look really bad ass! Maybe it's my imagination but I think it looks taller.

8. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Looks nice!! Did they come with the cooler option:money:

9. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The "cooler" option is standard on the Rocker Pods. They have drain plugs in them. Just supply your own ice and berages of your choice, and voila. And provided each door is its own compartment, that ain't a bad idea. :glasses:

10. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Nice! It looks like they don't take as much ground clearance away as I was thinking. When you can, could you take some pics of inside the storage areas so we can get an idea of how much room is added?