Finally an install! - Pictures of Ultimate Truck Gears Rocker Pods on a 1999 Suburban

Discussion in 'Ultimate Truck Gear' started by Springthing, May 21, 2009.

1. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well I'm not sure I'm feeling the whole Rocker Pods on the Suburban thing, they look nice don't get me wrong but they kind of make your truck look like an armored car. Well at least they go from wheel to wheel at leave no gaps, now you need a set of big rig lights to go between the top of the pods and the rocker panels. Doberman has a set on his truck and they look awesome, hopefully you will get a lot of use out of them.

As far as the front push bar I love it, and I noticed that you have four lights now! I love the two 6" lights on top, what kind are they I can't read the stone guard? I would love to see what they look like at night time, I just love lights on any truck period. Great looking truck always, keep up the great work.:great:

2. SoCal Chevy

SoCal Chevy Rockstar 100 Posts

yeah sry but i also have to agree with TRPLXL2. They make ur truck look like ur expecting smeone to shoot at you. They do make the suburban look pretty tough and badass tho.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Huh, makes me want to get a set for the Trailblazer -- powered white to match the paint. :)

4. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Folks, thanks so much for the comments. I'm sure Doberman appreciates them all even more than I do. I do promise to give a full first report on the Rocker Pods. I've just driven from Missouri to Florida with them and, I'm not kidding you, they've saved me a lot of hassle already with the truck.

Look for a post in the next little few days as I find time to sit down and type everything out. Not only that, but maybe we'll be lucky enough to have a third party point of view about them as I'm hoping to be meeting up with someone that's a member of the forum. Well, actually two!

Thanks again, and I totally apologize for the late updates!

5. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Well, I can actually say that I am in a different mind set now that I have seen them on the Sarge. They have added a feature that represents the truck very well, especially for the needs that you have for them. I like the way they match the front Bar and light set. Now when I see them in person I will have a better visual and up close of how they really are. I was wondering if they helped with any road noise?
    Since you have them larger tires on, does it lower the volume in the truck? But with all this said, I am looking forward to seeing them Sunday when we meet. GOOD JOB!:great:

Jeff

6. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Oh, yea, by the way, get rid of that OLD picture of the Sarge, he is outdated there for you Signature....

Jeff

7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Enjoy your trip to Florida, we considered going to Destin for the week but it looks like it's going to rain. Maybe we'll do a tour through the southern US and can meet up with all you folks at some time.

Anyhow, get some photos when ya'll meet up and slap them up on the site! :great:

8. Doberman

Doberman Rockstar

Just got some time over the weekend to sit and post a comment. First I don’t feel I should really be commenting on the appearance.......since I'm totally prejudice on the RP's.....Heck I think they should be on every vehicle...... HMMM? Trailblazer eh Steve....I'll talk to you later LOL!! :glasses: But seriously I think the Sarge looks extremely rugged with them and the whole setup with the push bar and lights just makes the Sarge look like a Kick A#s Ride!!.... My only critical comment and I've discussed it with Steve is the Rocker Pods should come up about 2" higher. This will be addressed when he gets back from what I hope is a great and fun filled vacation for him. This the reality of doing an install on a first time vehicle, especially when that vehicle is 1000 miles away.....I hope we get more comments, the positive ones are great for my ego....HOWEVER I learn allot from the critical ones.

Thanks to everyone that has taken the time to comment, keep them coming :great:
    Cheers!
    Pete

9. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well, we'll have to see if we can meet up as well if you make your way in the are but we are just south of Tampa - a far cry from Destin!

We'd heard about all the rain this week as well and although we got a little bit last night today we woke up to bright blue skies and nice sun. I'm sure we'll get hit with some heavy rain... I've been assured that there's been a drought here for the past little while and the heavy rain started about a week ago.. I'm guessing they need it!

10. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Makes the Sarge look just that much meaner Steven!