1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Finally an install! - Pictures of Ultimate Truck Gears Rocker Pods on a 1999 Suburban

Discussion in 'Ultimate Truck Gear' started by Springthing, May 21, 2009.

1. JMoney02

JMoney02 New Member

Well, I have seen it up close and in person and I must tell you for the first time install I believe it looks very well done. The 2" gap you refer to is not that noticable when you see the tread plate shine off the lower part of the paint on the truck, you really don't notice, As mentioned, you could fill that gap with some sort of rubber flap which was thought of by Steve's wife, which is a excellent idea. With a 1" rise and 1" flap,you could compromise, remember, women will get out of the truck and if it 's right on the rocker panel they may catch the heel, same with a rugged work boot. This would also allow for some play room for movement if it goes offroad for adventure.Just a thought?
    The other thing was mentioned by Steve was the mounts for the body and frame, which I think that Doberman has that figured out with his brainstorming with Steve. But they are a handsome addition to his truck, looks as though they will take a beating and come back for more and very well built. So in closing I want to thank the owner of the truck for coming to Florida to get my opinion, LOL. Had a great time with him and his wife........

Jeff and Donna
  2. Ashes Follow

Ashes Follow New Member

Was just wondering where you picked up the whole front end setup you got going on? the headlights the side replacements and the grille?
  3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

I'm gonna warn you that @Springthing hasn't been on for a while, but you might get lucky if you try to PM him. I'll try and look around his posts for you to see if he posted a link for his lights.

I have checked around his posts and he didn't post up much about his front end conversion. I think it is called a Range Rover conversion. I can't find where he got the parts and such but you should be able to find kits online.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  4. Ashes Follow

Ashes Follow New Member

Hey thanks a lot, actually I have found one of the leading manufacturers and the exact one he had on his. I love the look, the setup i have right now on mine is blacked out angel halo projectors, and although i like the look i am not satisfied with it right now. I have a lot planned for my rig.
  5. Conlan Rose

Well keep us all updated on it we'd love to see it!!
  6. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member

Those pods are very cool, I like the lower profile of the push bumber better than the bull bars, and it looks fantastic with the lights, excellent job there and a great looking rig.
  7. Ashes Follow

Ashes Follow New Member

Oh heck yeah, I am gonna post up some of the photo's of it as is right now, sorta a before factor, even though there is a little already done to it, then do mod updates.
  8. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

Where can these be found?
  9. Conlan Rose

You need to be more specific than that.
  10. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

the pods. As shown in the photo. Where can one buy them