Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Finally Arrived - Need accessories suggestions

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by chevyson, May 19, 2013.

1. chevyson

chevyson New Member

Hello GMTC!!

My name is James, and less than 24 hours bought my first GM truck, 2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, Crew Cab, with the 8ft bed (yeah diving into the deep end of the pool)

Unfortunately the dealer has to have it delivered since the one we wanted was somewhere out of state.

I have owned a RX-7, a few Honda racers, and a couple of Honda SUVs, but I honestly can't remember the last time I was this excited about owning a vehicle. I think the whole "anticipation" adds to it, but that hasn't stopped me from looking at what toys to buy for it.

I live in Southeast Virginia, married for about 3 years, no kids yet. I work for the state government as a computer network engineer. I love to smoke cigars, drink any fine liquor of the whisky variety, play poker, watch my Vikings play, and Nascar (yea, prototypical male).

My dad grew me up in the tradition to have no love for Ford, and years and years later, it amazes me to see that it stuck. I will post pics once I get the truck, oh will I post pics LOL....

So lets the start the n00b questions that probably will get answered with a forum thread link because I am too lazy to search:

1) What site do you recommend for truck accessories?
    2) What were the first 3 accessories you bought for your truck?
    3) I don't know how hardcore the Silverado community is, but some tell me it rivals Corvette's fan base.....true?

Can't wait to hit the road with her!!

2. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club James, it's great to have you aboard. :glasses:

3. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, Glad to have you. Can’t wait to see the pics, Have a question if you have not received the truck yet. How do you know it’s a her.:rofl:

Your accessories question- well depends what you are going for, look or performance. My first three were, leveling kit, new headlight bulbs, window vents.

About the rival you speak of. That would be news to me also make no sense to me as well, could be wrong.

4. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Welcome to the site! You'll find lots of info about accessories here! So far as sites for parts, I have nothing but good things to say about www.autoanything.com . I purchased most of my lighting upgrades from a company called RECON, but that was my personal preference.
    As for my first three accessories? I HAD to get side steps (vertically challenged people in the family), spray-in bed liner, and a tonneau cover. I do a lot of traveling and a locking tonneau was a necessity. Figure those bits are great for general upgrades! Good luck on moddin, and keep the questions coming!

5. Bighornkid

Bighornkid Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Welcome to The Club. Love those 8ft beds.

6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Congrats on the new ride... Now is the time to buy too..

7. chevyson

chevyson New Member

Dealer called today and said I should be getting her tomorrow or Wednesday. Will have pics to post.

Already bought a bedrub and front WeatherTech floor liners......

Next up, bed cover, any suggestions?

8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club and congrats on your new ride!!

I moved your thread to here and changed your title slightly to align more with your subject. By doing this, it will get you more responses/opinions.

Good luck and have fun!

9. truc.karl

truc.karl Member

Congrats dude! If you're planning to get a tonno cover, you have many options from soft to hard cover. Bed covers also differ from hinged, roll-up, retractable and folding style. Some popular brands are Truxedo, Undercover and Extang. So, it depends on your personal preference and needs when you buy a bed cover.

10. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Congrats on the new truck, and welcome aboard.
    Parts sources vary as much as available parts for your truck.
    First mod priorities will be along the lines of how you plan to use your truck and how you want to personalize it.
    For me on my latest truck my first priorities were storage under the rear seat, rear wheel well liners to protect and coordinate the rear wheel wells to match the front, leveling the truck ride, bed cover, enhancing towing performance, and under hood/under bed cover lighting, in that order.