Finally Arrived - Need accessories suggestions

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by chevyson, May 19, 2013.

1. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Welcome, and congrats on your new ride. You are going to love having a truck.

I would go with leveling the truck(+2" up in front, or down in back, but longbeds look better up than down), spray-in bedliner, cat-back dual exhaust. Remember, in most cases, less is more. If you load it down with mods, it will look like you walked through Pep Boys with a magnet, and bought anything that stuck.

jim

2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Being in SE Va a place to look for Mods is just over the border to NC on 168. They have a bunch of stuff for trucks. Things like window visors, bed covers, side steps and anything needed for towing.
    My first 3 mods were a tonnaeu cover. I actually ordered it the day after I bought the truck. My level kit. And my Recon white lightning tailgate lightbar.

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome and congrats! :great:

My answers to your questions (in order) are:

1. Amazon.com -- price check elsewhere first, then see if Amazon has it for less (especially if you're a Prime member, as shipping is free)
    2. Wheels, tires, and fender flares (but my truck was used and already lifted with one I liked. I'd have done lift, wheels, and tires if it hadn't been)
    3. Depends entirely on the fan.

4. BlackBeaard

BlackBeaard New Member

Hey, Congrats on the the truck! For me AUTOANYTHING.COM has been a great source for parts, however that being said there is a lot of things they dont have. When you are looking for parts google is your friend and so is AMAZON. I know that personally with that truck the first thing i would be doing is getting different tires, a tune and a BANKS
    POWER KIT. But that is just me. When you are looking to mod things with a new truck though I would be careful and make sure what you want to do will not void your warranty.
    1) Amazon.com, Autoanything.com, google search for silverado accessories.
    2)my first 3 mods- Bullly Dog programmer, 4" rough country lift, rims and tires.
    3) I would say there are more of us then for the corvettes but they are a lot more extreme then we are. IMO.
    Have fun with your new truck, cant wait to see those pictures.