Finally, Bigger tires, new wheels installed. Pics!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by ewarz, Dec 1, 2010.

1. ewarz

ewarz New Member

I went from stock 245/70/17 to BFG A/T 285/70/17. I am hoping this will help some people with all the "will it fit" questions.

2007 Silverado Classic leveled with 3.5 inch spindles in front and just 1" blocks in the rear. Nothing more.

Here are some quick before and after cell phone pics.
    before-07.jpg after-07.jpg
  2. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member

Looks good!
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

Looks great!!! Those tires really make a noticiable difference vs your old ones....you're truck looks much "tougher" now.
  4. ewarz

ewarz New Member

Thanks guys. My next addition will be a programmer and side steps.
    Im looking at this 6-Step by N-Fab but it's a little more pricey than I like.
  5. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member

I agree truck has a much more aggressive look! You had to be thrilled when you saw it with the new wheels and tires on for the first time! I know when I put mine on I thought my truck turned into a monster haha
  6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

I like those a lot as they hug up to the rocker panels. Someday I will be replacing mine with that style. There are a couple of companies that make them, I know n-fab was one and now I am drawing a blank on the other. You may want to look around some and see if you can find them cheaper.

NTB - will your programmer you have for sale work with a 2007 OBS/CBS?
  7. mad1500hd

mad1500hd New Member

looks good...but the steps are well worth it...i got mine a few weeks back...
  8. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member

I don't think so. I think its just for 2003-2005. :erf:
  9. ajarman

ajarman New Member

I am loving it! Are those Ballistic wheels??
  10. Sam_A

Sam_A New Member

Looks great. Good choices.
  11. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member

looks very good, also looks like you had to trim the plastic on the lower part of the bumper. definately gives it a better more aggressive stance.
  12. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member

That DOES look great! I really like the improved look.

Go Rhino! has a line called the Dominator II that is similar. Not sure about the price difference but it may be worth looking at. I really like that style of side step too, though. It would be a great choice for you.
  13. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

That's it! I need to write that down someplace. Thanks for the memory jog!
  14. marko54

marko54 New Member

Looks great, black rims and a leveled look make it stand out.
  15. burhead

burhead New Member

looks great but definitely has me second guessing my next tire choice. I currently have 265 70 17s on there now. I just bought a rough country 2.5 leveling kit and don't have it installed yet. I was going to go with 295 75 17s on stock wheels. Those 285s look like they are tight and you have an extra inch of lift than I will. Have you had had it off road yet? Does it look like there will be any issues when the suspension is working?
  16. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 New Member

nice looking truck!
  17. Vincennes02261897

Haha... I've got your back, Mike. No problem.
  18. ewarz

ewarz New Member

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I'm very happy with how it turned out!

No, they're American Eagle. Here's a link: http://aewheel.com/eagle_alloy_wheels.cfm?id=448

I haven't been offroad yet. When I do it would be nothing major (2WD), probably just a few aggressive back roads. It doesn't look like I'll have any issues unless I decide to go balls to the wall nuts out there.

Thanks for the tip! I found it and looks the same to me. Price is about the same too. Between Go Rhino and N-Fab, is one better than the other? Its hard to tell in the pics but I would prefer to go with which ever one is less 'glossy' (if there's even a difference)... I prefer a flat black.
  19. Vincennes02261897

Honestly, I think it's going to be a matter of personal preference if the price point is the same. They are competing products and I've heard positive testimony from folks who have installed both brands. Unless I've completely missed something, either product should do you well.