FINALLY bought my first silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by kawasaki_kid, Apr 25, 2009.

1. kawasaki_kid

kawasaki_kid Rockstar 100 Posts

well i just bought my second chevy yesterday. i have owned a 90 S10 lowrider for the last year and a half, but its not much of a truck. Finally i bought a REAL Chevy!

i bought a 98 Silverado, vortec 5.7, loaded(every option i think), lifted(3'body/2"suspension), 33"wild country's on new rims, lots of other cosmetic bolt ons. motor is bone stock, no intake or even a K&N. The exhaust is super quite:( the guy i bought it from said he bought the quietest exhaust he could for hunting, all you can hear when its running is the fuel pump humming. speaking of which is it normal that my fuel pump whines so loud? i have a couple of comsmetic things i want to fix first(tint is wrecked on one window, paint touch ups, door panel), then ill go for a intake, exhaust, programmer. Here she is, i absolutly love this truck, its like a luxary vehicle after driving the ****box ole S10 for a year. The GF likes it too, lotsa room in the cab to.. move around;)

Attached Files:

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Congrat's on your new truck! I had two of that body style, a '96 and a '99, really liked those trucks!

3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That's the ticket! Nice looking truck and congrats on your purchase!

4. GOTSAND4ME2

GOTSAND4ME2 Rockstar

Congrats on the "new" truck. B4 my new truck I had a 1993 silverado and loved it to but then wanted the even newer trucks lol. Keep the pics rolling of the buildup can't wait to see the progress

5. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

good pick. congrats

6. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Right on, nice ride!

Now I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but you mentioned the fuel pump whine, well its on its way out. When we got the Yuke it was starting and I took it to the mechanic and he explained how the fuel filter if not change regularly will stress the pump as well as riding the truck down to E. The fuel acts like a coolant and helps to keep the pump cool under stress and when you constantly run the tank less than say 1/4 it decreases pump life.
    Now the pump may last a month maybe a year who knows, but when you can notice the sound you know what is coming.

The fuel filter is a cheap and easy fix the pump well you don't want to go cheap on that Napa has a pretty good one that is not too much or check my fave Rockauto.com.

You still have a nice ride so don't sweat the small stuff. :great:

7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well I don't know what else you could do to it, it is already done in my opinion. Fine cosmetic touches maybe, but all the major stuff is already done for you. And I think it's a good thing you have the dark tinted windows, with all of that new moving around room!:gasp:

8. My first Silverado too

Hey nice truck, I recently purchase my first silverado. Its an 08 ext cab. I've had for 6k and couldn't be happier.

9. kawasaki_kid

kawasaki_kid Rockstar 100 Posts

took her out to do a little wheelin, i was dissapointed, couldnt find much mud, nothin i couldnt get thru in 2Hi drive.

Attached Files:

10. liv2hunt

liv2hunt Member

congrats Lots of luck with it.. It looks you are having fun already