1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Finally Bought the RBP Replica Grille Today!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Rockstarrchevy81, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah i prob. am going to get one custom made but will be next year before i get around too it. It will look really good but will cost a few hundred to get the custom badge and emblem done for the grille!

2. BrownPats420

BrownPats420 Member 100 Posts

looks great, and I agree with everyone on the emblems call it a done deal! badass man

3. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

No emblem but need off road lights behind there now :yes:

4. BALTHIS

BALTHIS Rockstar

yeah i agree the lights would look bad ass back behind the grill.

5. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah i was actually plan on buying a set of the Hella Black Majic with the smoked lens to install behind the grille!

6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

How will the grill hold up to the heat from those lights? I know they are in a hot environment because of engine heat and all but those lights put out a ton of heat.

7. Rockstarrchevy81

The Grille is not cheaply made at all and would not have a problem holding up against the lights. The grille has NO plastic on it at all and is all stainless steel being the mesh is steel the border and the frame along with the rivets! I thought there would be some plastic but it's all metal! The grille is great and was easy to get on but there is 1 thing i dont like about it. The clamps that pop into the front aren't good at all compared to the one's on the stock grille, they didn't want to pop in and had to mess with them a bit to pop in and stay and the bolts and holes all lined up but other than that it's worth the money being it looks just like thr rbp and t- rex grilles.

I got a question how would i mount the lights behind the grille i haven't ever done that before? The lights i want are the hella black majic they are around $125 for the set which isn't too bad but i need to know how to install them first that way when i do order them i'll know what to do ha. I will wait until jan. or feb. to buy them and install them just trying to get my recon smoked cab roof lights installed sooner or later i keep putin it off!

8. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Not a fan, I know it wasn't cheap but it looks cheap. Just my opinion, gotta take the bad with the good, right?

9. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah man it's all good bro people like different things and some people just dont like the same thing. I actually am impressed of the quality though and saved allot of money not buying the real thing. My girl friend don't like the grille but i do so that's all that matters lol!

10. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

To mount them you will most likely need to fab a couple brackets to mount them. They have a single bolt on the bottom of them. You may be able to drill a single hole for each. It really depends on were you want them.
    As far as heat I wasn't just asking about the grille but the area as a whole. I know how much heat my KC Hilites put out on my jeep. I once forgot to remove the covers and melted them onto the lens of the light. It only takes once for that to happen and you will never forget to do that again.