1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Finally Bought the Truck!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Crawdaddy, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The time that we all have been waiting for is here! I haven't gotten a chance to take any pictures of the truck yet, but as soon as I can get a hold of a digital camera I will. Hoever, for starters, here's the window sticker from the truck...the original one from '91 :). http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/crawdaddy444/windowsstickerrotated.jpg
    I will update this post with the pics of the truck when I take and upload them!

oh, and did I mention.. YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!
    1 person likes this.
  2. L0sts0ul

L0sts0ul Rockstar 100 Posts

thats sweets, congrats....
  3. the.fish

the.fish New Member

nice congrats boy the prices sure did go up since it was built
    1 person likes this.
  4. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Oooh blue cloth interior. I'm so used to seeing grey.
    Congrats! I think you'll agree when I say, "it's about damn time!!":biggrin::biggrin:
  5. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

On the road again...
    BtW it's been a long time since I've seen that "heart beat of america" logo
    1 person likes this.
  6. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

well, driving it home, I've noticed that it needs a little more work than I originally thought. One major thing is that I need to replace the dash lights. When I drove it home, it was dark and I could barely see my speedometer. He also told me that is has a short or something with the cigarette lighter... but that's another thread.
  7. Crawdaddy

I finally got around to taking some pictures of the exterior, so here they are...
    http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/crawdaddy444/Suburban/
    I still need to take some of the inside. I resolved my cigarette lighter problem,turns out I think it was ok in the first place, I think. I can't seem to find anything wrong with it.
  8. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Uh Daddy's gotta toy. Nice truck to start with good shape. Have fun tinkering.
    Wish I had a project :frown:
  9. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

pimp your TB.
    Make that your project:tongue:
  10. Crawdaddy

ok, I got the interior pictures taken and uploaded to the same page as the exterior pics in my last post. In the pics of the front of the cabin, notice my rubber bands and the steel collar. Someone tried to break into the truck when the last owner had it, so he had that collar installed. And the rubber bands...that's to keep the shifter from going too far forward casugin the truck to kill. Still haven't been able to take the column apart ot check out what's going on.