1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

finally found the intro page! newb to the intro page lol

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by barefoot greg, Jul 19, 2011.

1. barefoot greg

barefoot greg Rockstar 100 Posts

been a member of gmtc for a couple months now, since then ive turned my t-bars up 4 turns, ie. 1 inch front end lift, n i just installed a set of tuff country add a leafs to the rear about 3 days ago, figured since i was replacing pads, rotors and calipers all the way around i oughtta letter off the jack with a lil more ride hight at the same time.. the kit came with a set of re-indexed keys as well.. tried gettin my stock keys out with a 2 jaw puller, worked awesome til it came time to get the key to free up from the bar, no help from pb, smoke wrench n a bfh so im either gonna try usin the puller like a guy on here said he did a while back or just have the shop thats gonna have to do my algnmt put em in.. with the bars turned up it sat damn near level with 1 inch in the front(35") n the 2" stock block in the rear(36"), now with the extra leaf in there im at (39.5") so its got some serious rake again so id like to get the new keys in ASAP! 2" BL is ordered n oughtta be here in a couple days so i wanna finish the front end soon. orderin the steer stab n tie rod sleeves next week n slappin on some wheel spacers( .25" frnt, 1.5" rr) savin up for a 4" susp. n gonna replace my 2" block with a 3".. when im done it'll have 8"s up front n 6.5" in the back..

i havent figured out how to post pics yet so i'll be sure to soon as i do!

Attached Files:

2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC! Sounds like you've been busy!
  3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome Aboard!
  4. Bigg Ron

Bigg Ron Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Hows the truck ride with the t/bars indexed keys cranked?
  6. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club Greg
  7. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard!
  8. barefoot greg

thanks guys, she dont handle too bad, ya deff notice it goin down the road on a highway or somethin when ya turn the wheel theres less play its way more responsive and wants to change lanes which i kinda like for passin cars n stuff cuz its a quick whip n yer sling shot right around em, but an alignment is deff needed i can notice the front tires are toed in just enough to bother me and as far as the ride its not really "stiffer" cuz that sounds bad but id say its deff less spongy when yer goin thru soft ground it doesnt slosh around as much as i always felt it did before..

talked to a guy on the phone today, droppin the truck off in the am on my way to work n pickin her up on the way home, havin the new keys put in n the alignment done so im pretty stoked to see how the steering differs n ofcoarse how itll look lol

finally figured out how to post pics so ill take a couple in the am b4 n a couple when i get'er back

thanks again, BFG..
  9. barefoot greg

FAIL! took my truck in today n the guy at the shop had no idea what he was doing.. after showing him the key n how it goes in, explaining to him that a 2jaw puller works awesome for removing the preload from the bar to remove the adjuster bolt, and showing him the area in the directions where it says a 2jaw puller is what can be used.. they called me back 4 hours later sayin they cant do it because you need a special tool to do it.. im 40 feet up on a 12-12 pitch roof and im like hey what about a 2 jaw puller?? the guys like uhhh we cant do it.. so i picked it up today with nothin done to it so i didnt pay em a dime n left..

bummer.. i really hoped to have it done as im goin to connecticut tonite..8hr drive! .. n i wanted th alignment done before the long haul..
  10. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!