Finally getting some work done to our 94

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by rkbonds1, Feb 29, 2012.

  1. rkbonds1

    rkbonds1 New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2012
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    0
    Today I started removing the camo vinyl from our Suburban. Let me tell ya some of it comes off real easy and some of it (the sun dried brittle crap) is a pain in the tail to get off. I took some pics but, it was to dark so they didn't turn out well. I'll take some more tomorrow and post them. The paint actually looks really good underneath so far (really hope it continues to look as good as I finish the other half of the truck).
    #1
  2. rileyjr16

    rileyjr16 New Member

    Joined:
    May 10, 2011
    Messages:
    2,038
    Likes Received:
    1
    Cool deal. Looking forward to the pictures
    #2
  3. rkbonds1

    rkbonds1 New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2012
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    0
    Here's 2 pics from this weekends mud day not great but, at least I finally got some newer pics.

    Attached Files:

    #3
  4. mfleetwood

    mfleetwood Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2010
    Messages:
    7,213
    Likes Received:
    11
    The burb came out looking great. Looks like it was a ton of work though. At least it looks like you had twice as much fun as it was work playing in the mud. Cool pics.
    #4
  5. cedicol

    cedicol New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2012
    Messages:
    62
    Likes Received:
    0
    Nice burb man. I have a 96. It looks like you are driving Yokohama's on it. Am i wrong?
    #5
  6. rkbonds1

    rkbonds1 New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2012
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    0


    Thanks. They are KUMHO's they did and do really great on and off road.

    ---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

    Thanks. It was actually pretty easy. I just waited till we had a warm day and 90% of it peeled off easily. The other 10% had faded and dried out but, still wasn't that bad to get off. It was very time consuming though. We had a great time I tried posting a video but, I'm still having to wait for a mod to approve it, so maybe it'll be up soon.
    #6
  7. janikphoto

    janikphoto New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2011
    Messages:
    269
    Likes Received:
    0
    So, you had it vinyl wrapped, but now it's coming off? How long did the wrap last?
    #7
  8. rkbonds1

    rkbonds1 New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2012
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    0


    The wrap was put on by the previous owner so I have no idea how long it was on for but, it wasn't coming off we just didn't want it on so we took it off.
    #8

Share This Page