1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Finally pic's of Rockstar Center Caps after i cut them down!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Rockstarrchevy81, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member 1000 Posts

Well the other day i finally installed my rockstar center cap's back on after cutting the plastic that the allen bolt's go thru to bolt into the rim about 1 1/2 inchs. The only problem was finding the 1 1/2 inch allen bolt's for all 4 center caps but finally gathered enough up to complete the easy mod. I didn't like the look of them sticking out a few inchs off the rim so i decided to do some research online and do what some others did! I hope yall like the way they look because i sure do now!! 08-12-11_0002.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

always liked those rims... very nice..
  3. Rockstarrchevy81

Thanks man i appreciate it. Do you think a body shop or somewhere could color match the plastic star's for me for cheap?
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

I would keeep them that Chrome look a little off set.. Are they Chrome?
  5. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah the star's are chrome man. Idk i was thinking about it but wasn't too sure if i wanted to or not to paint them.
  6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts

Should have done a before and after pic, so we can see the difference. I'm assuming the cap just sits closer on the rim now?
  7. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah man about 1 1/2 inchs now they use to stick out so much u could see behind the center cap from the side and now there's maybe quearter of a inch or less between center cap and rim. Here is a pick you can look at the center cap and see how far it use to stick out: 2011-07-04 17.28.16 (640x478).jpg
  8. BigMike2011

BigMike2011 New Member

ya one of my friends has those same rims and the center cap really does stick out alot. I like what you did alot to yours man! looks really clean
  9. Rockstarrchevy81

Thanks man. It's actually really easy to do this and each plastic piece you cut doesn't have to be perfectly cut just close enough and all don't have to be the same length just close enough lol. I did mine with a kitchen knife since it has the ridges in them instead of a regular knife that would take forever. I make paid $10 for the new bolts 16 allen bolts and they fit great!!
  10. BigMike2011

BigMike2011 New Member

A kitchen knife? haha nice