finally, picture of truck with new wheels and tires!

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by mxracer919, Apr 20, 2009.

1. mxracer919

mxracer919 Rockstar

So, I had been askin on here what size tires to go with on my 20's for my 08 silverado and finally got it all done. Tonight was my first chance to get some pictures! Went with a 20x9 pro comp wheel with a 5inch backsapce and 0mm offset that I got from 4wheelparts.com for 400 shipped to my door. And then I was going to go to my parents for the weekend this past weekend and I was planning on having my tire guy get me set up with some pirelli scorpions atr's......but last wednesday out of the blue i found a guy that had the exact tire and size that i wanted(275/55/20) on craigslist and paid 300 for them! they only had ten miles on them, still had the nipples on them!:gasp:

So here are the wheels freshly installed, hope you guys like them!
    The tires rub just a little, but that will justify doing a leveling kit!!!haha

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Lookin' Good!!!

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The all black wheels are still growing on me, I am chrome biased I guess! Your truck would look really nice with the leveling kit too, great job so far keep up the good work.

4. mxracer919

mxracer919 Rockstar

thanks! Yeah i know on the leveling kit. It just has taken me awhile to get the modification ball rolling on this truck, i have had it a little over a year now and have not even tinted the windows yet! But a leveling kit, tint, bedliner, exhaust, and intake are all in the near future. I loaded some pictures of my 01 silverado lowrider in my gallery....check them out!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  5. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Looking good, indeed. Just get yourself one or two black accessories and those wheels will look like they truly belong. :)

6. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Tinted headlights and taillights would look deadly! Maybe a black pin stripe going down the side?

7. bob13

bob13 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The truck looks great!

8. mxracer919

mxracer919 Rockstar

I have been known in the past to peel pin stripes off...so prolly not a good idea lol.

1)My first truck was a 95 z71 and as soon as i got it i shaved all the trim and badges off of it.
    2)My next truck was a 01 2wd silverado, the night i brought it home i sat out in the driveway in below freezing temps peeling the pinstripe and remainder of the badges off.

I am suprised i havent made it to the badges on this one yet.

I am looking at a ranch hand front bumper that is black, would tie in the wheels nicely. But then i would feel imbalanced, so i would then have to do the rear bumper. I would then paint the chrome grill shell red and do the bowtie black and do billet black inserts. So after all that was done there would be no chrome left on the truck(after shaving the emblems of course!)

Thanks for all the nice comments!

9. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

that looks really nice man!! very clean

10. 08crocCheyenne

08crocCheyenne New Member

Nice clean truck man ..keep up the mods..