Finally took some pics of my 89 suburban.

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by 80 grit, Dec 16, 2010.

1. 80 grit

80 grit Rockstar

Today I changed out the tranny fluid, engine oil, put in some new ac delco platinum plugs, a K&N filter, flushed the radiator and man is that thing done. After a flush it only took in about half of the fluid it should have so that tells you how clogged up it is in there. When I took a flashlight to it all you can see is rust, gunk, rust and more gunk. My buddy at advance autoparts got me a nice 3 core replacement for 190.00.

I replaced the front differential fluid. I was kind of upset when I opened up the front gasket I got from autozone (cheap ROL brand, really thin). I could not get a felpro for it anywhere. Luckily the cover was not warped so the thin gasket along with some RTV black sealed very nicely. Next I think I will change out the heater hoses, radiator, and put some manual locking hubs in the front. Big plans are to replace some small cancer spots, paint it flat black with rhino liner from the trim line down, and have one of three talented welders I know weld me up some "mad max" style front and rear bumpers, and a nice safari roof rack.:happy:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow is that thing clean!!!! you wont find them like that up here in MN!

3. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Nice man!!!! I've never seen any 89 burb that clean. I think the rhino liner idea would look great. How much lift you got?

4. 80 grit

80 grit Rockstar

I believe it is a six inch lift kit.

Florida is real easy on vehicles compared to snowbound states. If a car stays next to the ocean it rusts pretty quick...but inland isn't so bad down here. I am originally from N.J. so I remember what all that "snow salt" did to metal:grrrrrr:

5. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Yeah I hear ya, the DPW in my town is, very generous with the road salt, to put it mildly. I usually fill a spackle bucket with warm water and splash it around my frame and any salt affected areas inbetween car washes.

6. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

LOL, I like the idea of the Mad Max bumpers & the Rino liner from the bootstripe down. Things like that will make it one of a kind & your own.

7. gpeterson1968

gpeterson1968 New Member

nice nice nice. That is one bad, clean burb.

8. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Nice looking Burb! :great:

This is the style bumper I'm considering building for mine...

[​IMG]

9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Nice Ride!! It's got that "tough" look...which is very cool. The new tires look sweet as well. I don't know, it may the the tire/rim thing, but it looks like you have more than a 6" lift, which is awesome.

10. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

BOTH NICE BURBANS !!!!!! I would stick a Turbo and intercooler on the 6.2 tho..lol