1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Finding Engine & Tranny Compatibility, & Common "Parts Car" Years

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by j_v_z, Oct 25, 2013.

1. j_v_z

j_v_z New Member

hey all, the ol 1500 was a salvage, shes got 250k+ on her, and shes gettin tired. I want to start looking for the engine and tranny now, but I need to know some more info. like, what is the compatibility as far as changing engine size in my truck, and also trans. Where can i find this info? And also, is there somewhere that I can find a list with the years of vehicles that would have these engines & transmissions? Currently I have the following: 2001 silverado 1500 non-hd, 4x4, 5.3, 4l60-e tranny. thanks in advance for your help!
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

The Link below, may be able to help answer some of your Questions, Regarding "is there somewhere that I can find a list with the years of vehicles that would have these engines & transmissions? "

Link,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Silverado