Firefighters: Priceless

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by RockHead, Sep 9, 2008.

1. RockHead

RockHead Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

[​IMG]

2. TomsHHR

TomsHHR Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Atta Boy, I used to be one of them volunteers in my younger days.

3. Stouffer

Stouffer Rockstar 100 Posts

That is a great poster. My great grandfather, and my grandfather were both firefighters and chiefs. My brohter is a firefighter as well

4. TomsHHR

[​IMG]

(Nice Story - Beautiful Picture - Meanful Kiss)

The photograph below shows a red Doberman licking an exhausted fireman.

He had just saved her from a fire in her house, rescuing her by carrying her out of the house into her front yard, while he continued to fight the fire.

She is pregnant.

The firefighter was afraid of her at first, because he had never been around a Doberman before.

When he finally got done putting the fire out, he sat down to catch his breath and rest.

A photographer from the Charlotte, North Carolina newspaper, "The Observer," noticed this red Doberman in the distance looking at the fireman.

He saw her walking straight toward the fireman and wondered what she was going to do.

As he raised his camera, she came up to the tired man who had saved her life and the lives of her babies, and kissed him, just as the photographer snapped this photograph.

5. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've seen that pic a million times but never knew the story. How long were you a firefighter?

6. TomsHHR

9 years. That story is one of them thats hard to forget, A few years ago the firefighter that did cpr on a kitten is from this town. The kitten/cat is named smoke or smokey if I remember right, and was given to that firefighter.

7. Stouffer

Stouffer Rockstar 100 Posts

Cool pic and story. Never seen that before

8. MD4x4 Fireman

What made ya stop at 9?

9. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

i am also a volunteer firefighter back home. i dont get much time to be active tho when im down here at school tho :(

10. MD4x4 Fireman

So far in this thread there are 4 firefighters current/retired on the boards, I know there has to be more on here. Tonight we had a fire at the power plant where they did the filming for part of Ladder 49. That place is just like in the movie, EASY to get lost in. Here is the thing one of the local news stations had on their site as of right now: Breaking news out of Baltimore County.

A 3-alarm fire is burning at the Riverside Powerplant in Dundalk.

The building is on Broening Highway.

Officials have evacuated the building.

Were told one firefighter suffered a minor injury.

No word on what started the fire.

Last Updated: Sunday, September 14 2008, 11:02 PM

The final total for firefighters injured was 3: 1 was transported to a local hospital, 1 not sure if he was transported and 1 is typing this on GMTC.com. This was also a Hazmat Firebox due to unknown about chemicals since a unknown container was next to the fire, later found out to be quick knock firefighting foam.