1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Firefighters

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by MD4x4 Fireman, Jul 16, 2007.

1. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Any other firefighters on here?
  2. RockHead

RockHead Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Im a Fire Fighter in Pa
  3. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'm not a firefighter, but my brother in law is. He is not active at the moment because he is in the Army reserves and got called up again. He should be back to active firefighter in November. I also have two uncles that were firefighters and two of the guys I deer hunt with are firefighters. I have a great respect for what you guys do. [​IMG]
  4. MD4x4 Fireman

what station you with?
  5. RockHead

im a vol fire fighter for Rockledge and paid fire fighter fot City of Phila. E-50
  6. MD4x4 Fireman

Nice, do you know which station it was that had the church(i think) fire and the roof and stuff collapsed and they had a mayday? I heard in small volly stations in PA almost anyone can ride any truth to it???
  7. RockHead

For that church fire there was one in West Phila . almost a year ago and they did have a mayday go out . no one got killed that is a good thing .

For the Volly they all have to go to school but there Diff levels of school . The company around Phila area you have to go to school a state level .

The companys that are in the pocinos (for say) you have to go to school on a county level . But not all are that way Some company make you go to a state level school . So no you can not just jump on a truck and fight fires :no: :no:

IN the Company that I run with you have to be a FF-1 state level to ride a truck but not the first out . You have to be FF-2 state level for that . To ride heavy rescue ,You have to be a resuce tech level . We run around 400 500 calls a year that is alot for a volly co.
  8. MD4x4 Fireman

do you know where i can find the video from that? i saw it once but cant find it again.
  9. RockHead

http://www.phillyfirenews.com/ look in the video or the live wire part I think it is in there ............
  10. MD4x4 Fireman

didnt see it on there. its the one where the bell tower collapses