Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

firewall heater hose

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by nabisco_12, Nov 23, 2013.

1. nabisco_12

nabisco_12 Member

how hard is it to change the white plastic part that the heater hose is connected to which looks like it threads into the firewall?

2. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

That is probably the inlet or outlet for your heater core. It is usually integral with the heater core itself, and will require replacing the heater core. Not an expensive part, but a total PiTA to replace. If you are a novice, take it to a shop.

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The White "
    plastic part" Connector's that are Number #1 in the Diagram....are Quick Connect/Disconnect, from the Connection's coming out of the Fire-Wall, to Remove them you need a Heater Line Quick-Connect Release Tool, as the Connectors have four Tangs to Depress at the same time, with this Tool you Slide it over the Heater Line. Clamp Tool over line. Then Press Tool into the Connector to Release it..........you can buy this Tool at Most Auto Outlets, Auto Zone, O'Reily's etc....

[​IMG]

Here's a Video showing how this Tool Works,
    http://youtu.be/_HEJZTDLIOM

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  4. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I guess I need a newer truck then. :) My old POS doesn't have those.

5. nabisco_12

nabisco_12 Member

thanks guys for the help we got it fixed.... I traded it in lol:lol:

6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well thats one way to fix it.
    So whats the specs on the new one?

7. nabisco_12

nabisco_12 Member

08 acadia appears to be fully loaded and we love it! she wanted a 3rd row option and i was so sour about the pick up, how it was sold to me, and the integrity of the dealership. But we rode with it and now it seems to have paid off... I swear when I get in it, it is a brand new truck! This thing is so beautiful and I didnt have to fight the dealer ship they worked with me and came up with a option that we wanted. It was the loaner truck about a year and they had to sell it at the beganing of the year so we got a good deal and dont fret I did pay for GAP insurance since my wife is such a bad driver and will surely hit something and we also got a 4 year or 50k full warranty...... pure badass. It is 466 a month a hundred higher but something that works and in the shape it is in and the work I have to do to it is worth it. Plus now at tax time I can plus to get a 99- 02 Trans Am I have a 94 GT Trans AM but love the late model more!!!

8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

As long as your happy with the new truck and the deal made thats what really counts.
    Sounds nice.

9. nabisco_12

nabisco_12 Member

for sure! not only did i get rid of the red truck I finally got her off my ass.... lol. two birds one stone!

10. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I would be happy to pay a hundred a month to keep my wire from bitching.