Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

firing issues?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by silvy_1994, Nov 30, 2009.

1. silvy_1994

silvy_1994 New Member

i recently bought a 1994 k 1500 with the 350 v8, my buddy had the truck and the intake gasket start leaking so they started unbolting the manifold and never completed in so i bought it and replaced every thing and put it all back together right and it would not start, the timing is right on internaly and the distributor timing is right where it needs to be but when you start the truck in rolls over and fires but will not start. its almost like the distributor is firing where ever it wants. its getting proper fuel and pressure but still not luck the plugs wires are all right it just sounds like its not firing right any ideas?

2. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Bad cap/rotor? Is the distributor plugged in? Bad coil? Bad ignition module? Bad fuse?

3. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Have you checked it with a timing light? You have to have the spark "happening" at the right time.

4. jnbascom

jnbascom New Member

Make sure the timing is correct. In the old days we could just bring the #1 cylinder up to TDC then set the rotor on the #1 plug wire and it would fire right up. When I tried this on my 1999 Jimmy it was way off. There are marks on the distributer. A "6" for a 6 cylinder and a "8" for a V8. The #1 cylinder had to be at TDC, the harmonic balancer timing mark lined up with the "V" on the front cover and the rotor set on the "6". It motor runs perfect now. Hope this helps for your year.

5. silvy_1994

silvy_1994 New Member

thanks guys for the help i will try theses ideas