First Accident or scratch?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by CkVin, Apr 11, 2005.

1. CkVin

CkVin New Member

Had my first 'thing' with the TB this weekend. Backing up the Ext TB and tapped a pole behind the car that I didn't see. Did very little to no damage...everyone around me saw nothing on the car. But of course with my eye, it stuck out like a sore thumb. I'll give it a day or two then look again...but it definitely could have been ALOT worse!

Let's hear about your first ding, dent or scratch!

CkVin
    Southington, CT
    2004 TB Ext 4wd White
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Sorry to hear about that. :-(

Thus far, no accidents or scratches on my 2002. (quick, find some wood to knock on!). BUt at least you can now relax and know that your first one is behind you.
  3. scissors

scissors New Member

That sux man. :-( Oh well, that's what these things are made for. Taking a lot of abuse and still keeps on ticking.
  4. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Member Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

First Accident or Scratch...

Hey CkVin, how did that scratch come out? Still there? Did you get it out?
  5. CkVin

CkVin New Member

RE: First Accident or Scratch...

I should see the paint guy this week....keeping my fingers crossed.
  6. ChevyFan

What part was damaged? Just the bumper? Did you try to buff it out or was there noticable paintless areas?
  7. CkVin

CkVin New Member

Now that I'm looking a few days later, there really isn't any damage there. The paint guy I'm seeing is for a few minor scratches that I've spotted around the car...nothing to do with my little fender bender!! LOL
  8. ChevyFan

I'm still fortunate that there hasn't been anything major on the TB at all. In fact, there really isn't a scratch on the thing. Hmm, maybe I should be more parinoid???

We've both got White TBs, it looks like a pretty easy color to match and touch-up.