1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First look at 2014 Chevy Impala

Discussion in 'Chevy Impala Forum' started by ejohnson03, Apr 4, 2012.

1. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 New Member 1000 Posts

Wow...

Can't wait to see more...
    319894_10150700333712296_77589292295_9074695_1182869367_n.jpg

Live reveal at 9am. http://spr.ly/ImpaLS
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  2. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts

Huh. Well that's certainly different than the current Impalas. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it. Part of me really likes it. The other part of me thinks it just reminds me of a cross between a Buick and a Camry.

BUT, if this means they're starting to release info and that the truck images might be released soon, then I'm all for it. Honestly, I think I'll have to see the whole line before judging the impala. I also think a lot of how I feel about it will be based on what engines they make available for it. (If that information is in the link provided, my apologies, but the link was blocked from where I am.
  3. Asphalt Animal

Asphalt Animal New Member

Checked this out online earlier; certainly looks like a big departure from some of the lame styling the Impala has had for the past couple generations. This thing has style! A very welcome change! Hopefully this also hints at what we can expect on some future models too.
  4. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 New Member 1000 Posts

With the efforts of Ford and the Mustang, Dodge and the Challenger, and GM with the Camaro, heading toward a retro look, I would like to see the Impala with nod toward the 1965 era Impalas.

A nice SS fast back, with updated technologies, like a twin turbo V6 or Supercharged V8.
  5. UpsetProps

UpsetProps New Member

I completely agree. I do like the look of this new Impala....just not as an Impala if you know what I mean. Looks like they are trying to go after the European sedan style market ie. the M5 or a Jag.
  6. ippielb

ippielb Active Member 1000 Posts

Looks like a beamer..
  7. BrownPats420

BrownPats420 New Member

hyundai sonata look, they couldnt have done any worse then the remake of the charger. and then they leave the same bodystyle and throw in the charger taillight which i liked, but still a miserable fail.
  8. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member 1000 Posts

I like the looks of it but I think a few years down the road it will just look like another four door sedan that will be bought and driven by men over sixty years old and they're wives. Maybe if they make an SS version and turbo charge it it might become a little more interesting to a wider buyer demographic.
  9. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts

10. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member

That thing looks fantastic. It does have a lot of Buick DNA in it but I can live with it. Their design has lacked for the last few decades in many vehicles and it is nice that Chevrolet is getting back to adding style in their vehicles. The new Malibu, Cruze, and even the Sonic just show that Chevrolet is trying to carve a path for themselves in saturated markets. I hope to see more positive development in the future.