1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

First Mod? Suggestions Requested

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by tecster, Dec 3, 2011.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. tecster

tecster Member

As the title states I'm looking to do my first mod to my 2006 1500 Reg Cab, I'm looking to see what would be the most beneficial to my truck. Thanks! Prices/Pictures/Mod ideas would be awesome!

2. Silverado06

Silverado06 New Member

Window tint or exhaust in IMO

3. McMahan

McMahan Rockstar 100 Posts

I say exhaust

4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I would start with intake and exhaust. I have the volant CAI. A way to do this in an inexpensive way is to get the exhaust and get a drop in K&N filter.

5. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Rockstar 100 Posts

+1 to the other guys about intake/exhaust but my first mod is always Tint...when done professionally with quality materials can easily last you the life of your ride...:glasses:

6. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

x2 for exhaust and intake but window tint is a good way to go to

7. marko54

marko54 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Looking at your future list of mods, i would get the most expensive one out of the way and go with the BDS lift.

8. tecster

tecster Member

I've been considering just doing a leveling kit instead....I'm not sure if I want to put the added stress on the drivetrain and slam the gas mileage.

9. 747

747 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I would do exhaust, its fairly cheap, and makes a positive difference in the driving experience.

A quick note on your suspension ideas, Id suggest a leveling kit instead of a lift kit. Ive owned several lifted trucks and although it looked awesome, I regretted doing it because the truck also needs new gearing for bigger tires, speedometer adjustment, etc...

10. tecster

tecster Member

[MENTION=51662]747[/MENTION] : How expensive are a GOOD leveling kit and could I lift the truck via torsion(sp?) keys to fit 35s?