1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First post

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 89Silverado, Jan 27, 2009.

1. 89Silverado

89Silverado New Member

Hi just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Bryan from Greenville NC. I have an 89 Silverado that was my grandfathers that has been neglected for about 5 years that I plan to fully restore. I'm on here looking for tips and advise and to learn as much as I can about the C/K series. Thanks!
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
    Glad to have ya!
  3. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts

welcome to gmtc
  4. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC, Bryan
  5. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member 1000 Posts

welcome to the forum! Keep us posted on the restoration and be sure to take a ton of pictures!
  6. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  7. 89Silverado

89Silverado New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
  8. FiremanDan

FiremanDan New Member

yeah it's my first day too! Business First.... where's the bathroom? 3 Cup holders in the center console does a number on the bladder!:rofl:
  9. DerronCK

DerronCK New Member

Welcome, I am a Newbie too. What kind of restoration projects are you going to start with?
  10. 89Silverado

89Silverado New Member

Well first thing on the list is to get it running again. The last time I messed with it it would turn over but not start, I am guessing a fuel pump issue? After that its on to the body work. It is very solid but as we all know the paint from those years sucks. I have some mild surface rust on top of the cab but thats all I can find thus far. After the body work and paint I want to completely rebuilt the engine, I'd like to keep the truck original as far as the engine and what not, thats why I am not just going for a full swap but after 120,000 miles it might be a good idea to swap it out? Thats about it in a nut shell.