1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

First problem with HIDs

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by redneckarmyMP, Feb 10, 2010.

1. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Well after having HIDs for almost 2 years I've run into my first major problem.recently I've noticed the passenger side light is much dimmer than it used to be.does anybody know what the problem could be?ballast?bulb?

2. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

call up any car audio shop. A lot of them handle HIDs and might be able to answer you.

3. oohyeah4

oohyeah4 Member

sounds like a bad ground.

4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

easiest thing would be to switch ballasts. if the problem switches sides it is the ballast. if it stays the same probably the bulb. ddm tuning has great prices. just bought a few sets of HIDs. bulbs are 15 for a pair. I think ballasts were a like 25 but you can get new ballasts and lights for 30 or 40 depending on if you get 35 or 55w ballasts. the lights will all be rated to 60w. Since you have had them for 2 years I wouldnt suspect needing a relay or anything.

5. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i never could figure it out so i ended up just ordering new ones.they came in on friday, installed them and theyre working great!