First Time Suburban, second time Chevrolet

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by cobrakai, Jun 29, 2009.

1. cobrakai

cobrakai New Member

Howdy,

I just joined. I have been lurking as a non member looking for answers and information and decided to join. I love the Taurus electric fan conversion. I am already looking into doing this only with 2 fans.

1994 C1500 Suburban
    350 K code engine
    4L60e or 4L80E Transmission
    3.73 Rear Gears
    Rear AC :great:
    Heavy Duty 4-core radiator
    Towing Package
    3500 rpm w/o OD at 70 - redlines @ 4500:gasp:
    More to list

I got the original checkout sheet from Chevy showing it passed all of its checks before being shipped and the original window sticker. I bought 1 month ago.

Will post more soon.

Chris

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

:sign0016:To the site,from Calif.Any pics of your Ride?

3. blkXtreme

blkXtreme New Member

same here NEW guy here as well but welcome

4. cobrakai

cobrakai New Member

Still working on pictures. Both front doors have paint that has peeled off. A couple of small dings. Could not beat the price. 155,000 miles, interior near perfect. Electric trailer brake controller.

:great:$1700:party:

Chris

5. cobrakai

cobrakai New Member

I am also working on the fan conversion already. Starting to price things out.

Something different, it came with alum rims but is now running silver steel wheels with beauty rings. I like the look better that the alum rims they came with.

6. cobrakai

cobrakai New Member

Found a picture

Attached Files:

7. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the sight. Something doesn't make sense with your truck info. There's no way your turning 3,500 at 70 with 3.73 gears and OD, unless your tires are about 20 inches tall. My 97 has 4.10s and I do about 2,400 at 70. Do you feel, or see the tach drop, for all four shifts, plus the torque converter lockup? My guess is that you have 4.10s or even 4.56s and a three speed. Of course I could be completely wrong..........

8. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

9. cobrakai

cobrakai New Member

That's with the trans not in overdrive...In overdrive I turn 2300 to 2400.

10. cobrakai

cobrakai New Member

By the way...I appreciate everyone welcoming me to the site. This is a great site and I am glad I found it.