1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First tow...

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by steved, Jun 23, 2012.

1. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

So you are kinda disappointed with the power she makes then?
  2. steved

steved Former Member

Not at all, compared to the last V8 I owned, or even some of the earlier diesel offerings; it towed exactly how I expected.

Don't get me wrong, its a compromise. Each has its pros/cons; but I don't regret the purchase of a gasser in today's market. Have I completely ditch owning a diesel? No, but they will need to become more realistic in reliability and economy, and cost of ownership.
  3. Brews

Brews Rockstar

I couldn't agree more.
  4. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Just curious.. We're working on developing some heads for the 4.065 bore motors right now specifically designed to increase mid-range torque, which would in turn actually kind of work to your advantage at being able to tow at a more comfortable RPM range. And although I agree whole-heartedly with everyone that the motor was designed to pull its hardest at higher RPM.. we can change that.