1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First truck...looking for reasonably priced upgrades

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by gerschlt, Aug 17, 2010.

1. gerschlt

gerschlt New Member

Hi all, new to the site and actually just bought my first truck a month ago. It's a dark blue 2006 Silverado LS with a 4.8L V8 and 59k miles, extended cab, short bed, 2wd. I love the look of chrome on dark vehicles so I have installed chrome door handle covers, mirror covers, tailgate handle cover, fuel door cover, bug deflector, and a cab brake light cover.

There are still a few things I would like to add to the truck.
    1. Chrome tail light bezels/covers
    2. Either chrome fender trim Or chrome rocker panel molding (I would remove the stock black plastic molding if I went with the rocker panel molding) looking for input here
    3. Exhaust, or maybe just a muffler. I really just want it to sound mean. Looking for advice as to which option and what muffler sounds best
    4. Tires and rims, I was thinking about 20" (6 lug) chrome rims with some meaty tires. I don't know the biggest size tire I can fit without lifting the truck, but I would like something about 34"
    5. Nerf bars
    6. Suggestions on how to improve gas mileage (I am only getting 17mpg on the highway)

I am from the Toledo area, but will be in New Mexico, Cincinnati, Charleston (SC), and Minneapolis over the next four months. If anyone knows of places I can get good deals on the above items or has any other suggestions I am all ears.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club.
  3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

WElcome aboard
  4. rustyk2

rustyk2 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

welcome from SC
  5. Sam_A

Sam_A Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome from MS. I usually get any/all upgrades online. Google the part you are looking for and compare prices. I recently bought a tonneau cover for my 03 2500HD 6.6L Duramax from AutoAnything and was really happy with their service. They also had a wide selection of other upgrades to include exhaust systems.

Good luck with the upgrades.
  6. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!
  7. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTruckClub!