First year for the short wheelbase Yukon

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Helipilot, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Helipilot

Helipilot New Member

I owned four Suburbans and all were winners. Now looking for a short wheelbase Yukon 4x4 but I can't remember the first year they were produced. Also, a guy here has the '87 Chevy 4x4 Suburban for sale for $2,500. No rust or damage, 69k showing on the clock. What do you think? Thanks for your comments.

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

when you say short wheel base do you mean the 2 door yukon/tahoe? or just the non xl 4 door version?

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I think 93 or 94 was the first I would look for a 95 or newer with the Better dash set up..

4. Helipilot

Helipilot New Member

Thank you Pikey, not sure since I don't recall seeing a "short" four door suburban. I think the early Yukon or Tahoe is what I am thinking about with the panel rear doors. Thanks to Enkeiavalanche for the tip on the later model year for the better dash. I will start the search for a '95 model year.

5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

a 4 door tahoe or yukon is basically a short suburban. I guess that I was asking if you were looking for a 4 door yukon or a 2 door yukon

6. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

[MENTION=63403]Helipilot[/MENTION], 95 and after have the redesigned dash but have the 95 has the older TBI 350 while the 96-99 trucks have the 5.7L Vortec and more advanced transmissions while the engine produces significantly more power and delivers better mpg with its SFI. I have a 96' Tahoe 4 door which pretty much is a shorter wheel base Burb with only 2 rows of seating. Then there are the Tahoe 2 doors which are even shorter and more like an old K5 Blazer.

At first I almost wrote the whole history of the Tahoe/Yukon, but I decided that would be a waste of my time.

7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts