1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First year for the short wheelbase Yukon

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Helipilot, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Helipilot

Helipilot New Member

I owned four Suburbans and all were winners. Now looking for a short wheelbase Yukon 4x4 but I can't remember the first year they were produced. Also, a guy here has the '87 Chevy 4x4 Suburban for sale for $2,500. No rust or damage, 69k showing on the clock. What do you think? Thanks for your comments.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

when you say short wheel base do you mean the 2 door yukon/tahoe? or just the non xl 4 door version?
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I think 93 or 94 was the first I would look for a 95 or newer with the Better dash set up..
  4. Helipilot

Helipilot New Member

Thank you Pikey, not sure since I don't recall seeing a "short" four door suburban. I think the early Yukon or Tahoe is what I am thinking about with the panel rear doors. Thanks to Enkeiavalanche for the tip on the later model year for the better dash. I will start the search for a '95 model year.
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

a 4 door tahoe or yukon is basically a short suburban. I guess that I was asking if you were looking for a 4 door yukon or a 2 door yukon
  6. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

[MENTION=63403]Helipilot[/MENTION], 95 and after have the redesigned dash but have the 95 has the older TBI 350 while the 96-99 trucks have the 5.7L Vortec and more advanced transmissions while the engine produces significantly more power and delivers better mpg with its SFI. I have a 96' Tahoe 4 door which pretty much is a shorter wheel base Burb with only 2 rows of seating. Then there are the Tahoe 2 doors which are even shorter and more like an old K5 Blazer.

At first I almost wrote the whole history of the Tahoe/Yukon, but I decided that would be a waste of my time.
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts