First year of driver side 60/40 doors? [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by mktylor, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mktylor

mktylor New Member

As best I can tell from pictures only, the first year of that option was 2003. Can anyone confirm?
    I went to a suburban to get back to 4 doors. I had a fullsize van wih only pass side 60/40 doors,but might like to try a van again.

Here's what I'd really like to find if possible:

2500 with 6.0L and decent gears to tow my 30 ' camper.
    driver side 60/40 doors
    passenger configuration, 12 passenger, although anything 8 pass and above seating would be fine.
    And to top it off, I'd love to do a dually conversion like what Adventure Vans does with the Fords.

What are my chances of finding such a beast, non-Dually, in 2003-2006 models years (to keep cost down)?

2. newsie23

newsie23 New Member

Yes, the 1st year of the 60/40 doors was 03. I have an 03 AWD - super vehicle (except for the non-folding rear seats). It is an 8 passenger, but I was able to get seat tracks installed (like a 12 passenger) by otherwise refusing to buy. Very few van converters used the 60/40 doors. I assume the trailer ratings are valid - I have hauled a 5000 lb trailer (not in mountains) satisfactorly. I regularily carry a snowmobile inside. For my use, it blows the doors off, compared to a pickup - with basically the same powertrain and size as an extended cab.

Happy, happy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.