1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First year of driver side 60/40 doors? [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by mktylor, Feb 17, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mktylor

mktylor New Member

As best I can tell from pictures only, the first year of that option was 2003. Can anyone confirm?
    I went to a suburban to get back to 4 doors. I had a fullsize van wih only pass side 60/40 doors,but might like to try a van again.

Here's what I'd really like to find if possible:

2500 with 6.0L and decent gears to tow my 30 ' camper.
    driver side 60/40 doors
    passenger configuration, 12 passenger, although anything 8 pass and above seating would be fine.
    And to top it off, I'd love to do a dually conversion like what Adventure Vans does with the Fords.

What are my chances of finding such a beast, non-Dually, in 2003-2006 models years (to keep cost down)?
  2. newsie23

newsie23 New Member

Yes, the 1st year of the 60/40 doors was 03. I have an 03 AWD - super vehicle (except for the non-folding rear seats). It is an 8 passenger, but I was able to get seat tracks installed (like a 12 passenger) by otherwise refusing to buy. Very few van converters used the 60/40 doors. I assume the trailer ratings are valid - I have hauled a 5000 lb trailer (not in mountains) satisfactorly. I regularily carry a snowmobile inside. For my use, it blows the doors off, compared to a pickup - with basically the same powertrain and size as an extended cab.

Happy, happy!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.