Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fishing Boats

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by ChevyFan, Jan 19, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

What type of boat do you have when you go out to the catch some fish?
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I have a 1985 Forester 16Ft with a 140HP inboard/Outboard with a 3.0L 4cyl chevy motor. Works great when you want to get where you are going in a hurry, and is easy on gas to.
  3. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

20 ft. Alumacraft center console flatboat with 115 Yamaha 4-stroke and a 16 ft. Mad River Explorer canoe. Sold the kayak a couple months ago.
  4. ChevyFan

I guess I should ask for photos too, i need to figure out what I'm going to get this year.
  5. murdog94

Here is my Forester. I would get more pics and some of the inside however it is currently under about 4 feet of snow.
    but this is a Fish and Ski model. Does about 50mph, and drinks about 1/2 the fuel of a 2 stroke outboard. and can fit 6 people comfortably.

[​IMG]
  6. ChevyFan

Just talking to a guy at work and he loves to fish too. He's got a VIP Vision 1760 ski boat that they go fishing out of and also a 2001 Chevy Silverado extended cab that they have >>>>>> 278,000 MILES <<<<<<<< and it runs like new I'm told.

f_43413774_1.jpg
  7. murdog94

Mines a bit older than that one:great:. And a bit more beat up from me fishing this last year. I was in the Company fishing leauge and we went to a few lakes that i hadnt fished before, and lets just say they werent really deep enough or free of logs enough for an I/O. But i got mine for a 1985 HOnda Shadow that i paid $800 for, and see them for sale priced around $3500 so i cant complain.
    Oh and the nice thing about an I/O is the power, i can easly pull multiple skiers, or tubes off of the ski post. I go out on Lake Superior a bit and barely use enough fuel to worry. But if you plan to go into rough lakes with a lot of Rock/Debris a smaller boat with an Outboard works MUCH better.
    Also they tow nice, and 278K miles ahh thats just getting warmed up, in my sig youll notice the S-10 blazer is getting twards 320K!
  8. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

Trying to post pics but it keeps telling me I exceeded my quota. I'll have to mess around with it later and delete some stuff or figure something out.

Here ya' go. I know the canoe is "out of the question" for a family fishing boat, but I've pulled quite a few over the gunwales through the years. I still get use of it when I vacation up in Arkansas.
    IMG_0159 - Copy.jpg IMG_0955.jpg
    (click on pictures)
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I use a Glastron GSX185, it's actually a ski boat but works good for fishing too.
    Most boat manufacturers have fishing packages for their ski boats which makes for a very good dual purpose boat, as the kids get older they'll want to go out on the water for tubing and skiing most likely.
    Heres a picture of my Glastron, not a very good one though.
    [​IMG]
  10. murdog94

That is still a great looking boat TB! Is the the 4.3L or the 5.7L??