Fishing Boats

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by ChevyFan, Jan 19, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

What type of boat do you have when you go out to the catch some fish?

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I have a 1985 Forester 16Ft with a 140HP inboard/Outboard with a 3.0L 4cyl chevy motor. Works great when you want to get where you are going in a hurry, and is easy on gas to.

3. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

20 ft. Alumacraft center console flatboat with 115 Yamaha 4-stroke and a 16 ft. Mad River Explorer canoe. Sold the kayak a couple months ago.

4. ChevyFan

I guess I should ask for photos too, i need to figure out what I'm going to get this year.

5. murdog94

Here is my Forester. I would get more pics and some of the inside however it is currently under about 4 feet of snow.
    but this is a Fish and Ski model. Does about 50mph, and drinks about 1/2 the fuel of a 2 stroke outboard. and can fit 6 people comfortably.

[​IMG]

6. ChevyFan

Just talking to a guy at work and he loves to fish too. He's got a VIP Vision 1760 ski boat that they go fishing out of and also a 2001 Chevy Silverado extended cab that they have >>>>>> 278,000 MILES <<<<<<<< and it runs like new I'm told.

f_43413774_1.jpg

7. murdog94

Mines a bit older than that one:great:. And a bit more beat up from me fishing this last year. I was in the Company fishing leauge and we went to a few lakes that i hadnt fished before, and lets just say they werent really deep enough or free of logs enough for an I/O. But i got mine for a 1985 HOnda Shadow that i paid $800 for, and see them for sale priced around $3500 so i cant complain.
    Oh and the nice thing about an I/O is the power, i can easly pull multiple skiers, or tubes off of the ski post. I go out on Lake Superior a bit and barely use enough fuel to worry. But if you plan to go into rough lakes with a lot of Rock/Debris a smaller boat with an Outboard works MUCH better.
    Also they tow nice, and 278K miles ahh thats just getting warmed up, in my sig youll notice the S-10 blazer is getting twards 320K!

8. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

Trying to post pics but it keeps telling me I exceeded my quota. I'll have to mess around with it later and delete some stuff or figure something out.

Here ya' go. I know the canoe is "out of the question" for a family fishing boat, but I've pulled quite a few over the gunwales through the years. I still get use of it when I vacation up in Arkansas.
    IMG_0159 - Copy.jpg IMG_0955.jpg
    (click on pictures)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I use a Glastron GSX185, it's actually a ski boat but works good for fishing too.
    Most boat manufacturers have fishing packages for their ski boats which makes for a very good dual purpose boat, as the kids get older they'll want to go out on the water for tubing and skiing most likely.
    Heres a picture of my Glastron, not a very good one though.
    [​IMG]

10. murdog94

That is still a great looking boat TB! Is the the 4.3L or the 5.7L??