Fishing Forum!

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by ChevyFan, Jan 18, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Who out there likes to Fish? I've not been in a while, but I'm going to take my boys out this next year and I figure we're just maybe 10 weeks away from some good Texas fishing. I'm gonna need a good boat and a new rod for my older boy, but it should be a good way to get some good father son time and let the wife relax a bit.

** This is a new forum so feel free to post your topics at will. **

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I fish when im not at work, or working on a car. Last night i was out on a little lake ice fishing. We caught some Crappie, and there is nearly 3ft of ice. So all in all it was fun. But during the summer i go to any lake in the area that my boat will fit. Spring right when the ice and snow is melting i fish on the north shore of Lake Superior for Steel head trout, and their hybrid cousins (and the eating kind since you cant keep steel head).
    Of course during the winter i snowmobile but try to Ice fish, and Ride as much as i can in the time that i have!

3. OneWheelWonder

OneWheelWonder Rockstar

Man you guys are speaking my language now...Me and fishing (we hang out) lol. Here in Missouri me and the buddies like to alot of rainbow trout fishing and largemouth bass. Trout for the food and bass just cuz its a good time tryin to find the hogs....

Gread thread idea!!!!
    Who uses trucks more than guys that Fish and Hunt!!!

4. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree I like this thread! I just can't wait for it to warm up! I never have much luck ice fishing on our pond. Then again we don't get the 3 feet of ice like murdog haha

5. Lil Butch

Lil Butch New Member

fish.jpg I caught this one last August 10.5 lbs and 24 " long off the shore using a black zoom trick worm

6. IPFK83

IPFK83 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I love fishing lived in FL most of my life enjoy fresh water fishing but love to go surf fishing this was from last sep.

[​IMG]

2 of reds were 28" 20lbs and the other was 27" 17lbs a few blues and lady fish was a pretty good day. Can't wait for it to warm up and take my new boat out (new to me anyways).

7. Lil Butch

Lil Butch New Member

Nice catch man , I really dont think there is more fun than hooking into a big red , If you really want to catch a bunch of reds you need to go fish out at Mill Cove, out off of Ft Caroline road in jax Fl

8. trapstud

trapstud Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I can't wait till it warms up in WI so I can go fishing. I had my kids practice their casts in the back yard last year but never got out due to my wifes surgeries. They are getting very excited again to say the least. Fishing from shore is my only option but it is still relaxing...until I have to rebait the hooks lol.

9. WhiteRam

WhiteRam New Member

well just went out the past 2 days surf fishin in vero beach, monday we caught a bunch of whiting, 4 sharks, and a few cats. tuesday the surf was pretty bad, seaweed out the rear end, so we ended up wading the river, and caught 2 reds, a trout, and some cats. all in all we had a good 2 days of fishin.