Fixed my 52" Samsung LCD today

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Red Z71 Max, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My Samsung 52' LCD has been a great TV for about 4 years now. All of the sudden when you would turn it on it started turning off and on non-stop. It would do this 30 -35 times before it would actually stay turned on. I decided to do a Google search and sure enough this is a widespread problem. I found a YouTube video that explained there are a couple of capacitors on the power supply that go bad and bulge. Since I work on electronics for a living it was a breeze. Changed 2 capacitors that I got from Radio Shack for $1.79 each. TV IS FIXED!!! Total time was about 1 hour and 20 min. SAVED big $$$$$$$$
    FRMLSTPYAVXC.jpg

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  2. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

TV IS FIXED!!!

Soooooooooooooo no more babies?:rofl:

Seriously though, Good job it is nice being able to save hundreds for repairs.

3. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nice! That's one thing I was more comfortable with. I am a complete idiot with electronics. :no:

4. Red Z71 Max

At 49 that ain't happening in this household. I had the old snip-snip about ten years ago!!!

5. Coach24

:rofl: I just got a haircut last weeks but no scissors anywhere below the neck line.:grrrrrr:

6. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Nice Job Red!

7. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 100 Posts

Not bad! With a little bit of hunting you can find tv that just need a power supply replacement. Big tv, little money!

8. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

One of our 50" Samsungs crapped out last year, turns out it was a dead capacitor on the power supply, go figure. It was still under warranty though so it didn't cost us anything to fix it.

9. Red Z71 Max

Good luck. Its fairly easy if you can do small soldering!! The capacitors used were bought from Radio Shack, part number: 2721032. They are 1000uf 35v capacitors. These are not the exact part number or specs of the original capacitors, but they do work and are readily available

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGbAgbZrmXM&feature=player_embedded

10. Coach24

How does it feel to get lucky?:neutral: