Member Feedback Fixed width site weirdness?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by SurrealOne, Sep 13, 2012.

Newest Photos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Anyone else notice that the items on the right hand side are wider and can't be collapsed? Also is the left-hand side smaller, resulting in a number of truncated signature images for users as well as wrapping problems in signature text for those users that were utilizing the previous width to its full extent?

It's been this way a few days?
  2. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yes, I've noticed the same thing. However, considering the issues I often have while browsing on this network I assumed it was me. Your Sig looks like crap now.
  3. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 New Member 100 Posts

I was thinking i was the only one b/c im on this crappy internet here in the stan. i thought wrong tho.
  4. SurrealOne

Mine was laid out per the previous width, so yes, it does, at the moment ... and I've seen a number of others with similar issues. Hopefully it'll be resolved, soon.
  5. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Here's hoping. Now there's no chat AND width issues. Next thing they'll start advertising Dodges too...

Oh yeah. That already happens. And I just exacerbated the issue my mentioning Dodge. Twice now.

Chevrolet, Chevrolet, Chevrolet

There...
  6. SurrealOne

Moog said in another thread that the ads are controlled by Google. So, in theory you're seeing Dodges only if you've been looking at dodges. Are you a closet Dodge fan? (Nak's seeing Fords, it seems...)
  7. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

There have been some changes to the board's layout. Steve's working on restoring the variable-width site.
  8. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

well I am not seeing fords or dodges in add's, they are showing up in members photo's allot more frequently.... like on the main screen..... This is a GM site right? or are we in the twilight zone....
  9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I'll have an update/announcement sometime later on this. We're making changes based on a few layout issues and there are reasons for it and there will be options for members to see things in a different layout, but for the most part I want to try this layout for a while as it's gives more benefits than it has negatives.
  10. SurrealOne

That should be fixed, now. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.