1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Fixing Squeaky Plastic Panels

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by MWright936, Sep 24, 2008.

1. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I had a random question that I thought I would throw out there to see if anyone had any suggestions for me. I like my ride to be quiet. I can't stand squeaking plastic panels. Specifically, the housing around my window/door lock/mirror controls on the driver's side door squeaks/creaks. If I push on it, it usually stops, but I hate having to push on it every time I get in my truck. Is there any trick to fixing these kind of squeaks? Maybe using Armor-All on the parts, or some kind of grease or lubricant? Any tips would help!

2. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

try popping the panel off and apply elmers glue, that way it wont be permanent, but it could solve your problems. i havent tried it, but its an idea

3. catbert

catbert Rockstar

I use a very thin layer of clear silicon sealer to one or both surfaces. Apply, then let it dry thoroughly (up to 24 hours) the reassemble. Try it - if it doesn't work, the sealer can be easily removed.