1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Flag Holder

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by FrigginNoodles, Jun 18, 2011.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Hey everyone,

I have had this idea of hanging a flag out of the back of my tailgate (monster truck style) for years, but just haven't ever gone for it. Well today I went to Home Depot and got a flag & pole set up. I made a custom mount for it out of a metal switch plate cover, an electric wire clip, and various nuts, bolts, and washers.

The flag is a bit larger than I wanted, but it will do. I plan on running the flag on the fourth of July weekend. Anyways, just wanted to share my project and if anyone wants more info on how to do this let me know.

The pics aren't the best because I had to use my phone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That looks good Noodles. How sturdy is it?

3. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

looks really good, cool idea!! i think a little smaller flag would look a little better, that one looks like it could touch the ground pretty easily

4. FrigginNoodles

The flag is pretty solid. I replaced all the clip on pieces by drilling holes and adding nuts and bolts so nothing will fly off. The flag looks close to the ground in the pics, but is actually about 2' off the ground. I plan on running it just for one weekend, then retiring it for the year. I went for a cruise today and took it up to 60mph down a quiet road and seemed to be sturdy.

5. AzDragonLord

AzDragonLord Rockstar

Very nice! :great:

6. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

alright its good that its solid!!! i was just a little worried that it miight hit the ground i think that might be my biggest pet peave about flags

7. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

flag looks great.

8. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

that looks a lot better than a 2x4 in the stack pockets! Did you use the latch bolts to mount it?

9. pats91jimmy

pats91jimmy New Member

that looks really nice. and looks like a manufactured part not like alot of "custom jobs" you see in SC. i like it

10. FrigginNoodles

Exactly what I used. I cut and drilled out a light switch plate cover to bolt onto the back of the tailgate handle bolts, then built my mount off of that so I didn't have to drill any new holes.

I won't let that baby touch the ground for anything. I actually read up on the "Flag Code" to make sure I wouldn't be disrespecting old glory flying it back there. Can't wait for the Fourth to hook it back up.