1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Flash Auto Detail Products - Brown Royal Wheel Cleaner Review

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Springthing, Mar 4, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Wow.

I mean.. WOW!

Alright, so I tried out the wheel cleaner expecting results like everything else I've ever used. This means... the wheels clean up like if you'd just taken to them with a pressure washer. Clean, but no big whoop.

Here's the series of events and the end result:

Factory wheels on a 2000 Mustang. I'd sprayed wheel cleaner on them last week bought from the local auto parts store. Forgive me but I don't recall which brand, but it was not the cheapy type - it was one of the main ones.

I had just finished giving the car a quick wash and did the quick wheel cleaning to get rid of some of the brake dust. Spray it on.. let it sit while I do the other wheels, and then wash off with the hose at it's highest setting.

So the wheels were not TOTALLY dirty, but certainly not clean in the least.

[​IMG]

I apologize for the poor picture, but rest assured the wheel was dirtier than it appeared.

After receiving the Brown Royal Wheel Cleaner I finally had a chance to use it.

I gave it the same chance as the other wheel cleaner. No scrubbing, no brushing, etc.

I sprayed the two front wheels with Brown Royal Wheel Cleaner and, as per the instructions, let it sit for a couple minutes.

The stuff sprays on brown.. kinda cool!

[​IMG]

After the few minutes, I took the garden hose and with the nozzle on the power setting (it's no pressure washer, let me tell you!) hosed the cleaner off.

I go back to the first word of this post... wow!
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  2. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

BOTH wheels came out almost crystal clean!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The passenger side wheel, which was the worst of the two, had a little bit of junk left but it came out looking 200% better!

The driver's side came out almost 100% clean! I'm confident that had I taken to them with a brush for a few seconds to get heavy dirty from the nooks and crannies it would have come out almost as new! That, or taken to them with a pressure washer to finish things up.

I HIGHLY recommend the Wheel Cleaner to anyone looking for a good and easy way to get their brake-dusted, stained, nasty wheels shiny bright again!

I look forward to reviewing the other products received from Flash Auto Detail Products! If they work as well as the Wheel Cleaner does I will be a VERY happy reviewer!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  3. plumber_rob

plumber_rob New Member 100 Posts

Great review. I haven't got to use my sample kit yet. It looks like I should try the Brown Royal Wheel Cleaner on my gf Cavalier Sport.
  4. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'm looking forwards to trying it myself.
  5. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nice write-up! I look forward to testing mine out when the weather finally improves (snow forcasted for Sunday).
  6. bry2500

bry2500 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nice review. I will definitely be trying that out. If it works good their stock will increase, there are 7 cars at my house. All with nasty looking wheels.
  7. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Great review! I'll have to try that stuff out. I have used Armor-All wheel cleaner in the past. It worked pretty well, but to get my wheels to shine, I had to go back and wipe them down really good with a rag.
  8. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'm presuming it is, but is this product compatible/safe for Aluminum alloy wheels? The rims on my Suburban are looking pretty groty and when I wash them, it takes a little bit of time on each wheel to get it clean, but it's never great looking. Unfortunately I think some of the protective coating has worn off the rims so they're not consistent even when clean, but this might make the best out of 18 year-old 'lumies! :party:
  9. Flashvan

Flashvan New Member GMTC Sponsor

Hello All,

Springthing thanks for testing Brown Royal and posting some pictures about it. You have to see what Brown Royal does on heavily accumulated Brake dust. Brown Royal is a non-acid cleaner. It is a high Ph cleaner. Similair to an alkaline degreaser, but with a polymer agent that will not harm surfaces. Brown Royal can be used on Chrome, Clearcoated aluminum, alloy and painted wheels. Also, whitewalls engine grease, mud stains, tar, bugs, tree sap and its a great undercarraige cleaner. Especially if you go four wheeling.

Just a little info on wheel cleaners. For unclearcoated polished aluminum surfaces. You can not use an acid (low ph) or a degreaser (high ph) on these surfaces. They will haze or etch these surfaces. You may be able to repair it by using a metal polish. But, its alot of work and time. Todays polished wheels are clearcoated. This protects the wheel from environmental and chemical oxidation. But if you use a harsh cleaner on a clearcoated wheel, it can be damaged.

Brown Royal when diluted 1:6 will not haze uncoated polished wheels. If you keep your wheels pretty clean, then it would be best to use Brown Royal diluted, or a wash & wax soap (neutral ph) like our Deep Purple wash & wax shampoo. Many wheel cleaners that are available in your auto parts stores are either an acid cleaner or an alkaline degreaser. Most will damage wheels if not careful.

If you were impressed with Brown Royal, then you will be impressed with our entire product line. They all work as well as Brown Royal. Thanks for the support all.:great:

Joe Flash

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  10. pmf608

pmf608 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I know what you mean. I could never get that type of wheel clean. I just bought a new set of 20's to replace them. I might have to try some of this stuff on my new wheels.