1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Flash Auto Detail Products - Deep Purple wash & wax review

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Springthing, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well, I am currently sitting in a hotel room in TN and figured I'd write a review on Flash's Deep Purple Wash & Wax product.

The day before the 12hr roadtrip I busted out the ol' car brush, extension pole, and bucket and frothed up some of the Deep Purple. I washed the Suburban as I normally would have and it came out as clean as it normally would have! I did NOT have a chamoys to dry the truck up and, I'm guessing due to the hard water we have, was left with water mark droplets pretty much all over. I took that as a good sign! It showed me that the wax was doing it's duty and beading up the water!

The next day started the 12hr overnight trek across Missouri and Tennessee. As luck would have it, 1/3 of the drive was done in some form of rain! I went through ice rain... sleet... heavy downpour... and some prolonged misty rain.

The rain on the windshield for the entire drive was phenomenal! Beaded up right away and practically rolled up and away! When I could see the hood I noticed the same thing happening - beads of water quickly rolling across it!

Well, here we are, the next day, and the truck looks a LOT cleaner than I expected! What surprises me the most is that the front tires stick out past the fenders by a good 1 1/2 - 2 inches. Normally I hit one puddle of water and the entire side of the suburban, the hood, and the windshield get to looking filthy. Not so today!

I am attaching a picture of the truck as it sits right now. Not the best picture, I know, but you'll at least be able to see that even though I drove for hours in the rain, it still looks relatively nice!

I'm not sure what else to say here... went on well, cleaned dirt as it should have, shined things up as it should have, and has kept water beading up as it should have - in fact, a little better than was anticipated!

If you're looking at a near-empty bottle of car washing liquid in your garage or shed I say go ahead and give Flash's Deep Purple a go! For the price, I think you will be pleasantly surprised!

Oh, and the stuff smelled nice, too!

[​IMG]

PS- Have a look at the wheel wells if you can see that well as a comparison as to how much dirty/nastiness could be smeared all over the side of the suburban! (and those little vertical white lines you see..?.. rain!)
    1 person likes this.
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nice write-up Steven! I love using the wash and wax type soap.
  3. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

cant wait until i get mine in the mail. truck needs a good cleaning
  4. bob13

bob13 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I was thinking about buying their product on the market place forum, this has made my decision easy, Thanks!
  5. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

6. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

This has definitely persuaded me to give this stuff a try. I'll be ordering some, so once the rainy part of April is over I can give the Av a good cleaning.
  7. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i got my sample a few weeks ago and used the purple wash... fantastic! i will be purchasing some soon. i havent had much of a chance to test any of the other stuff, but i will report with it when i do