1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Flashing brake light AND no DRL

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by travisn, Nov 26, 2011.

1. travisn

travisn Rockstar

So I took the stock tape player out, put in a stock cd player, took out cd player because none of the back lights work, put stock tape player back in.

Now the brake light (dash) blinks constantly and the DRL's don't work. I googled a bit and found to check the ign fuse and DRL fuse in the engine bay and both were good. I also swapped the horn relay with the DRL relay and the horn still works. I check all the fuses in the engine bay AND the passenger compartment.

What am I missing?
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Could you provide some more information about your vehicle? Model, year, options etc...That way we can give you better information to help you out.
  3. travisn

travisn Rockstar

Derp, sorry.

99 Silverado 1500 extended cab. pw/pl
  4. travisn

travisn Rockstar

AAAANNNNDDDD it was the parking brake being pushed down a smidge. I had pulled the release lever earlier but I had to pull up on the pedal.
  5. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Glad to hear you resolved the issue!
  6. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I had the same exact problem! However, my DRL's still worked....Weird thing was that it started while I was driving down the highway. Pulled over, checked all my fuses and popped the brake release and while it didn't even move the pedal, the light went off. Weird things sometimes.