flashing codes

Discussion in 'Chevy Blazer Forum (GMC Jimmy)' started by Aeromouse, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Aeromouse

Aeromouse New Member

my Gmc Jimmy started acting weird so i hooked up the scanner and got a bunch of codes flashing from Po0410 to Po0452 to Po0449 where do i start? I'm mechanically inclined so with a little guidance i can do the work. Any help would be appreciated.

2. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Year and engine may help get a more specific response.

P0410 points to a problem in the AIR system. I'm not familiar with the AIR system, so I'm not sure on specific diagnostics.

P0452 and P0449 point to a fault in the EVAP system. The EVAP system is an emissions system that vents hydrocarbon vapors from the gas tank (so the gas tank doesn't build up pressure), stores them on charcoal, then vents them to the intake so they can be burned. I haven't done any specific work on these EVAP systems, so, again, I can't give specific diagnostic advice. If you're already familiar with the EVAP system, then you could start with an inspection.

3. Aeromouse

Aeromouse New Member

thank you.... With further inspection of the engine bay i found a few items that required immediate attention... 1) the harness next to the evap had melted due to direct heat contact and all bare cables were causing the computer to go bananas.
    2) a rubber hose from the Evap sensor or canister had worn out
    3) a vacum line was broke due to time
    total cost of repair... 1 day off work 3 rum and cokes and $40 in hose and extra wires and connectors.:grrrrrr::grrrrrr::grrrrrr::rofl::rofl::rofl: