1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Flashpaq programmer????

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by jumpalot, Apr 19, 2008.

1. jumpalot

jumpalot New Member

First off this is my first post, but I want to thank everyone for the great info I've already gotten from here.
    I have a 2007 Silverado 4x4 new body style crew cab with 5.3 engine and auto tranny. I ordered the Superchips Flashpaq and it should be here early next week. I've put a leveling kit on and am running 285/70R17 tires. I'm wanting to gain some mileage back. It dropped from right at 14mpg to 12mpg after changing tires. My question is, what program should I run? Should I run the economy program, and will there be any performance gains with this setting? Or should I run the performance setting, and will this help my MPG at all. I will probably add a Volant CAI next, but not for a few months.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  2. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If your looking to at getting better mpg then run the economy program. I've got the Hypertech Max Energy on my 07 and noticed great gains using the economy setting. After my new wheels and tires I was getting 11.8 city mpg. After tuning I was at a solid 14-14.8 mpg. Also I noticed a huge increase in performance just running 87 octane.
  3. jumpalot

jumpalot New Member

Well I got the programmer installed. I put in the 87 octane program and calibrated for the larger tires. I've noticed quite a bit more power. I'm showing right at 15.9 mpg avg. on the DIC. Won't pass too much judgement until I've run a few tanks through. But right now I'm extremely happy.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  4. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Glad to hear it. :great: