1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Flat black or Gloss?

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by bcranslow, Sep 10, 2011.

1. bcranslow

bcranslow New Member

I plan on getting my truck repainted since it pretty scratched up, and i cant decide on getting it flat black or just repainting it gloss black. Just want to see what some of yall think i should do, so i can get a better idea.

Attached Files:

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Flat has looked good on most trucks...

3. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

My vote is to line x the whole truck :glasses:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do It :lol:

4. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Flat black looks better on older trucks IMO, I would do gloss black if it were me. @ChromeSilver02, that GMC dually looks awesome, reminds me of something out of Mad Max.

5. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I thought it look it would be from that movie also but I would love a dually like that, just looks bada$$

6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I'd go with gloss black. I think the flat black paint is just another fad. IMO nothing looks better than a deep, shiney black truck.

7. I agree with silverdotrailblazer, a good gloss black will look better than flat black. Flat looks like some kid did it in his garage if you ask me, although both of those line-x'd trucks look decent.

-Chris

8. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

yup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I'd flat black it.

10. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I would paint it white. Easier to keep clean, easier to keep cool and does not show door dings as bad.