Fleet vinyl floor or carpet - is there a big noise difference?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by vanwrangler, Oct 19, 2010.

1. vanwrangler

vanwrangler New Member

Is there a big difference in road noise with the vinyl? We currently have an '08 Tahoe LT and are looking at a '11 Suburban. We're a large, active family that gets things dirty, and the idea of an easy to clean floor is really nice. Plus, I am so lucky to have a really cool wife who loves the idea, and is all for getting a 2500 Suburban "work truck" as a daily driver!

Thanks for any comments.

2. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I've never heard anyone complain about road noise. I have heard a lot of people who love the vinyl because they can just hose it out ha. I'd say it be worth the try!

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Is the Suburban available with only vinyl floor coverings? I didnt think GM sold any like that now.

4. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the site. I know this a little old, but I've been busy...

I have the vinyl floor, and love it. Granted, mine is older, and a gov't model, but it is a ton easier to keep clean. I've never noticed road noise; and as a matter of fact, mine is quitier than my wifes '02 fancy smancy carpeted model.

I don't know if vinyl is available for the 2011, and I bet the dealer won't try very hard to find out for you. You might look into the specs for a police special service package 'Burb, and see if the floor turns up there.

Good luck with it,

5. AzDragonLord

AzDragonLord Rockstar

Vinyl floor here and it's quiet as a truck can be!

6. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have the vinyl floor and I don't think its any louder, but I hate mine for trying to clean it. The new style trucks use a textured vinyl that is flat and without embossing, so it would be easy to clean, but on my '01, the vinyl has a honeycomb pattern, and you literally have to use a brush to scrub the dirt out of it.

7. vanwrangler

vanwrangler New Member

You can get vinyl floor in '11 with fleet (1FL) order code. Also allows you to pick/choose things like skid plates and remote start without buying whole option packages....